Father Viper Meet up...RARE Opportunity!!!!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper Owners!

Meet one of the original father of the Viper. Sunday, February 7th you can meet one of the members from Team Viper…the original Team Viper!!!

IF you don’t know who he is…then you can see one of many articles written on him here… http://www.stignacenews.com/news/2008/0626/front_page/001.html

Bring your signing sharpie, camera and your Viper history questions and get ready for some untold Viper stories that you can’t find in any books.

Time is TBD…will send out email as his schedule gets ironed out.

1200 Cypress Creek Rd
Cedar Park, TX 78613

IF you are receiving this version of the email (without meeting time and place), you are currently not a VCA member… This meet up is only for registered VCA members. This opportunity alone combined with any single part of the round up would more than pay for your membership…what is there to even think about??? J http://www.viperclub.org/regions/vcamembershipapplication.pdf

Local club isn't local to you? Don't sweat it. Even if you never attend a single event, you get plenty of great benefits such as:
  • VIPER magazine subscription - a greatly glossy magazine published quarterly
  • VCA Notes - the club newsletter with lots of great info, also quarterly
  • Eligibility to enter the VCA raffles, featuring some spectacular Vipers that you can win
  • $1,000,000 liability insurance at official VCA events
  • Access to exclusive VCA merchandise, apparel, and much more
  • Exclusive offers such as our Monroney window sticker replacement program
  • Great discounts from supporting vendors like Woodhouse Dodge, Viper Days, and many, many more
  • Liaison to the manufacturer for outstanding support and information
  • The very latest Viper news from SRT
  • And much, much more!

Hope you can make it out!!!

Please email me if you are a current registered member as right now I only show registrants through December…

Thank you,

Ryan Fox
The Central Texas Viper Group
www.CentralTexasVCA.com
or visit us on the VCA Forums by clicking here
Phone: 512.565.2094

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan sounds like a great event for VCA Members! So make sure you renewed your membership so you can attend this VCA ONLY event!

Roy has some great stories from his past!

Thanks Ryan!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan sounds like a great event for VCA Members! So make sure you renewed your membership so you can attend this VCA ONLY event!

Roy has some great stories from his past!

Thanks Ryan!

So, you have to pay your dues to show up? Why? Is the VCA paying Roy to come in? Is the Central Texas VCA providing lunch?

Just wonderin'...I been hearing about a bunch of "members-only" crap recently, even though not a dime of the members dues go towards the events that are put on around here, with the exception of the Round Up.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you have to pay your dues to show up? Why? Is the VCA paying Roy to come in? Is the Central Texas VCA providing lunch?

Just wonderin'...I been hearing about a bunch of "members-only" crap recently, even though not a dime of the members dues go towards the events that are put on around here, with the exception of the Round Up.

Good question Jason (as I am sure others who aren't currently club members might have them as well), and yes, in this case the VCA pitched in for lunch for attending members. The board tries to open up all events to all folks with Vipers as well as those that don't (associate members)...for the most part we do a pretty good job of that. If you want give me a shout and I can go over some of the ins and outs...sometimes it isn't just about money that the VCA is donating, but also time, resources, facilities, effort, etc. for its members...like the logistics involved with setting up an event, getting speakers, gaining discounts, looking to provide as much for members as we can. While, I agree that recruitment is important…so is retention…we try and accommodate both to the best of our current and limited abilities. A call for volunteers will be going out shortly…we sincerely hope that folks such as yourself can volunteer and we can grow our abilities to recruit, retain and be a resource and community for all South and Central Texas Viper Owners.

Anyway, in future events we will try and set them up where all Viper owners can attend and it will be fair to paid and non-paid folks (and oppurtunity for them to become paid :) )…but then honestly…$115 for a 12 month investment in fun, insurance, periodicals, parts discounts, labor discounts, special access to events, etc…why would someone NOT be a member if not for the benefits alone (given our paying members are spreading the word to others about what they might be missing out on)?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ryan,

Great answer as virtually all Car Clubs are non profit and depend on volunteers. Whether it is SCCA, NASA, etc. it is a requirement to be a member to participate in many events, and again those are paid for also.

You have a great attitude in working to recruit new members ,etc. , but like every Club out there the unseen work is what keeps things flowing. There comes a point where it makes no sense to offer discounts, put on shows, invite guests , if just anyone can come , as this just fosters a sense of entitlement with no requirement to work, or participate in all the particulars of Club Membership or the basis of what a Club represents.

I don't know of any successful Club that does not have " Members Only " functions, as this is the reason those of like kind get together in the first place.

Roy Sjoberg is " Father Viper," and he will regale you all with wonderful stories about the birth of the Snake, the Team that gathered daily to build the dream, and the unique difficulties in getting if off the ground during the time of the K car. Get him off track a bit, the stories he will bring up then are just as delightful.....and they can be riotous.

Last edited:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
)…but then honestly…$115 for a 12 month investment in fun, insurance, periodicals, parts discounts, labor discounts, special access to events, etc…

I buy enough crap from JonB that the investment in "dues" have been returned many, many times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang