Favorite Rim detailer?

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are some favorites? I have 20" Full-Polished and am looking for the best detailer...

Even just a maintainer to use regularly after long drives like a quick-detailer for the rest of your car...

Suggestions?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for quick wipedowns, I think you're gonna be hard pressed to find anything that works better than Windex and a microfiber. All of the quick detailers I ever used left a film on the aluminum that dulled the finish(not permanent, but you needed Windex or something to clean if off)

The best polish you'll find over the counter is Mothers Billet polish. It won't do any serious work for you though - its more for quick maintenance in my opinion.

If you need to get some crud/water spots/average dulling repaired, I'd have the best luck with Adam's Metal Polish, or a newer polish called "Blingmaster." I've never had a polish so effective at getting a quick shine, and literally effortless removal of the residue. After a second wipe with a clean microfiber, its super clean with no streaking!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soap, water, wash mit, drying towel. Anything else is micro-grinding the surface with whatever dirt or dust is on there that you are trying to get off by wiping it.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Remember that the Viper rims are clear coated - not a bare aluminum finish, and some of the metal polishes that people have used actually put a haze into the clear coat. Need some of the experts to chime in.

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember that the Viper rims are clear coated - not a bare aluminum finish, and some of the metal polishes that people have used actually put a haze into the clear coat. Need some of the experts to chime in.

GREAT ADVICE, but these are iForged Full Polished Aluminum, not the originals.. The original owner/dealership made that mistake, hence why I put new rims on it.. Everyone knew that when they gave their suggestions, correct?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always had good results with Mother's Billet Polish, but I'm always looking to try something new.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iforged full polish here as well. I thoroughly spray the wheels during wash and only touch them with the same type of sponge and MF I use on my paint. Once a month I break out the mothers billet polish. I use a latex gloved finger to wipe and polish until black. I then use brake parts cleaner on a new MF to remove any excess polish. Make sure you don't use mother mag and aluminum polish, the compound is much more aggressive. Don't let anyone tell you a power ball is the way to go, they are worthless. I got the billet info from another site as well as from a well known Iforged distributor.

As dave mentioned dont wipe its like taking a MF towel to an unwashed car, actually worse. The Aluminum is soft and will get marred.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude