First impression of my new TA

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It turned out "Passive Entry" was unchecked, checked it and now doors will unlock automatically. But what about locking the car, there's no button anywhere on the outside of the car to press to lock the car, is there?

Nope, gotta use the key fob to lock it

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

Congrats on the new TA. I was helping Peter find an ACR and he told me he ended up buying yours, I told him you set it up great, but, good luck trying to get into that narrow sparco seat. If your not satisfied with the ride and ride height reach out to Mark J at Woodhouse. He selling the MCS coilovers which are the newer versions of the motons you have on the acr. Check with him about headers too, I think you'll see similar hp/trq gains as your '08.

Bring it up to willow for the west coast event. Best wishes and hope to see you there!! Mike

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll look for him, thanks.

Jay, are you going to join us at Willow Springs?

I think I will. I just bought new tires, and didn't want to trash them so soon. But on the other hand, I did buy the Viper to enjoy it!
It looks like there will be a bunch of Viper guys there, so I think I'll try to make it.

~Jay

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will. I just bought new tires, and didn't want to trash them so soon. But on the other hand, I did buy the Viper to enjoy it!
It looks like there will be a bunch of Viper guys there, so I think I'll try to make it.

~Jay

Awesome. I've heard a lot about this event. Last event there were 10+ Vipers, should be more this time. Hope to meet you there.

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a fine car Bruce, Enjoy!
Sounds like you guys are ready to roll out there as a group.
Let us all know how it goes.

OP
OP
A

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

Congrats on the new TA. I was helping Peter find an ACR and he told me he ended up buying yours, I told him you set it up great, but, good luck trying to get into that narrow sparco seat. If your not satisfied with the ride and ride height reach out to Mark J at Woodhouse. He selling the MCS coilovers which are the newer versions of the motons you have on the acr. Check with him about headers too, I think you'll see similar hp/trq gains as your '08.

Bring it up to willow for the west coast event. Best wishes and hope to see you there!! Mike

Hi Mike, One of best parts of new car ownership for me is to figure out how to mod the car, so I'm now looking at various things that I can or should do to the car. BTW just got great news from Toyo that they are now producing the 345/30-19 R888 tires and they will be available for sale soon. And since the 315-18 R888's will fit on Gen V's 10.5" front rims, that is maybe the way to go.
I'll definitely do headers and am already in talks with Dan Cragin, waiting for his dyno results on a Gen V. But will want to put at least a few hundred miles on the car before modding or tracking it though.

rollymohan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just pick up my ta and i love it .unbelievable comfort i can drive around the world.This is so different in comparison to my 2001 supercharged viper.If anyoneis thinking about getting a c7 think again because this gen v is absolutely the best american sport car.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

Good to hear! Willows a fun place, Jim Sexton puts on a great event. Track is real fast, pretty easy on brakes but keep an eye on your left side tires. I'd be happy to show you the line. We have a good group from SoCal and we usually all get together Saturday night for dinner around 6 pm a mile from the track

Bruce,

Good to hear your working with Dan. Those toyo's sound compelling but I'd say get a set of 18" track wheels and hoosiers. Put some miles on you TA in the next month and run with us. Or, just come up and say hi and show us your new viper, be great to see you and Sussana.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..... Or, just come up and say hi and show us your new viper, be great to see you and Sussana.

That's a great idea. My two dream cars are the Stryker Red Gen V, and the Orange TA. I'd love to see both in one day.

~Jay

OP
OP
A

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,
Bruce,

Good to hear your working with Dan. Those toyo's sound compelling but I'd say get a set of 18" track wheels and hoosiers. Put some miles on you TA in the next month and run with us. Or, just come up and say hi and show us your new viper, be great to see you and Sussana.

Hey Mike,
The Toyos are going to replace the Corsas when they wear out, and they will wear out in no time, and be used mostly for the street. I also have a set of Hoosier A6's on OZ wheels that I used to use on the ACR. BTW many T1 guys run A6 instead of R6 on road course as they find A6's faster so you might want to give that a try, and since I do more autox than road course, the A6 is the way to go for me.

Last edited:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

Good to hear! Willows a fun place, Jim Sexton puts on a great event. Track is real fast, pretty easy on brakes but keep an eye on your left side tires. I'd be happy to show you the line. We have a good group from SoCal and we usually all get together Saturday night for dinner around 6 pm a mile from the track

Sounds good Mike, I'll likely take you up on that offer to show me the line. I learned a ton from Jonathan at Buttonwillow. Dinner sounds like a plan too, thanks.

Todd

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike,
The Toyos are going to replace the Corsas when they wear out, and they will wear out in no time, and be used mostly for the street. I also have a set of Hoosier A6's on OZ wheels that I used to use on the ACR. BTW many T1 guys run A6 instead of R6 on road course as they find A6's faster so you might want to give that a try, and since I do more autox than road course, the A6 is the way to go for me.

Man it's good that we will have more choices in tires with the Toyos. For long drives without a trailer, they may be just the ticket. I too have heard good things about the A6s from the Corvette and CTS guys, so I'm going to try them out on the Camaro at Willow mid February. Not sure what tires I'll run on the Viper with you guys. Maybe slicks if I borrow my buddy's trailer.

Another option may be coming soon - the new Hoosier A7s and R7s are supposed to be out soon. Hope they come in Viper sizes.