Floor jack issues

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I put my 09 on stands for the annual cleaning of the rims, suspension wheel wells...ect I have to drive the car on a block of wood to raise the front to get a jack under it. Anyone know of a low profile jack that will slide right under?

Thanks

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine at Harbor Freight. They have a really cheap that they advertise all the time, but it doesn't have much lift range. I bought the aluminum one that was around $160 and have been very happy with it. It slides right under with no issues, has plenty of lift and only takes about 4 pumps to have enough room to slide the jack-stands under the car.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two that I use and are plenty low for the Viper. The first is an old NAPA (Lincoln) jack that is now sold as a Hein-Werner. Hein-Werner Service Jack – 2-Ton, Model# HW93642 | Floor Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment Hein-Werner is now owned by a Chinese company, but the jacks are still made in the USA.

My other floor jack is a Milwaukee Hydraulics Model 20. Milwaukee Hydraulics Products Same lifting capacity as the Lincoln but weighs only 70 pounds. Their website is the lamest I've seen in ages, but these are all USA made...components, labor, everything.

I prefer the Milwaukee better to the Lincoln: The weight is a big plus, as I can lift 70 pounds a lot better than 105 pounds when I need to put the jack in the trunk and take with me (my DD trunk, not the Viper). Also, the handle on the Milwaukee is easy to remove by pulling out a locking pin. The Lincoln requires a wrench. Finally, the lifting action on the Milwaukee is a little better than the Lincoln (or H-W). I like both jacks, and you would need to decide what you're comfortable spending on a jack. If you order a Milwaukee, mention the 10% off coupon on their site too when you call in the order. They are not cheap, but completely rebuildable and they work very well.

If you want a super-low floor jack that still has a decent amount of lift, Griot's has one that might be interesting. I've never used it, but it looked pretty good on their site. Not sure if you can get a rebuild kit for it. 2-Ton Ultra Low Profile Floor Jack - Griot's Garage

Happy shopping!

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aluminum service jack with a 3.5 low height, 2 tons cap. 49 lbs. by Arcan thu Northern tool. They had a deal on shipping , price was about 199. Works well on my 09 roadster. Two piece handle helps in my tight garage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96