Fog lights on 94 viper

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two question can you run with only the fog lights, Mine do not seem to come on until headlights are on.
Second question while trying to figure out the above, my fog lights quit working after working toggle switch for fog lights. Checked the fuse #2 was ok
switched it out any ways, no luck. Is there any other place to look? Headlights
still work ok.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I suppose something can be done to wire differently, but until you do no fogs until headlights are on.

Assuming your highbeams are not on I would pull the radio bezel off and check for power into the switch then back out of the switch.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you can. Fuse 10 location is not used and is hot only with key-on. Make a short wire with a male spade to stick into the fusebox at the Fuse 10 location (the side that gives 12V), and the other end had a female spade connector. Stick one leg of the fuse from position 2 (fog lamp) on the female. Then you need another short wire with a female spade to attach to the other leg of the fuse, and then finally a male spade to go to the red/dark blue (inner) slot of the position 2 fuse.

You are basically taking power from an unused key-on source and running through a fuse to the fog lamps. Now they will turn on and off independently of the headlight switch or dimmer. I'm kind of doing this from half memory, so check the fusebox connections with a voltmeter.

Does the indicator light come on?

Technically this is illegal, since you are only allowed four forward white light bulbs and this makes six. (fog + low beam + high beam.) Your state inspection may notice.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i did my 94 RT i just moved the fog light feed wire over to the fuse position 10 so no need to make up any wires..
Using a tiny screw driver you can pop out the fog feed and move it across...
Again from memory.