ForbesAutos: another screwup

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like the Viper is now the invisible car. How can the car mags and internet comparisons keep forgetting the new Z06's main competitor? Here's what Forbes listed as it's opinions and the competition:

Buy This Vehicle If You want to slay virtually every other sports car on the road, including exotic ones costing three times as much.
Keep Looking If You'd like a little more luxury and refinement, or inadvertent burnouts and fish-tailing scare you.
Who Fits? The Corvette is wide, so its spacious cabin suits large people and small, unlike many of its cramped competitors.
Closest Competitors Aston Martin DB9 ($155,000), Aston Martin Vanquish ($234,260), Ferrari F430 ($161,000), Ford GT ($149,995), Lamborghini Gallardo ($165,900), Maserati GranSport ($98,172), Porsche 911 GT3 ($99,900)

They also said the 911 weighs 3990 lbs. Right. Thanks for all your intricate research Mathew DePaula

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not a screw up. Most of these writers have deadline commitments and hardly do any research whatsoever on product line comparisons other then on the item they are writing about. I wouldn't be suprised if you find exact same paragraphs or statements from other articles on different forums or magazines.

I wouldn't take any comments made from any of these writers seriously.

I rely solely on drivers who have owned these vehicles that can share with me first hand experiences. Facts and not interpretation.

Certainly not by those individuals who have had but a brief joy ride and then believe themselves qualified to make statements and opinions.

Just my 2cents.
Patrick