Future plans for GTS.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all... I plan on doing a lil bumpin to the HP on my car, 98 GTS, sometime next year before I go to my next duty station.

Now I hope to get Germany next, so I may be on the Autobahn and few trips to the Ring (won't run too hard). I do a little drag racing but I would like to start autocross and roadcourse so here is what I have in mind.

Heads/Cam or Paxton Supercharger.

H/C = 550-600rwhp
Paxton = 600-650rwhp (basic kit) but with aditional mods like heads and fuelsystem I could get 700 to 800's?

Now, I'm curious what the heatsoak may be like going on a track with the Paxton. For street runs/strip it may not be as much of an issue. On the flip side a cam may lessen the drivability on the street with surge/bucking. These are both around the same price range with more power being had from the blower later down the road if I increase mods afterwards.

I just have to post this cause it is driving me nuts, I want to stop thinking about it. :crazy2:

Thanks

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The surge/bucking can be lessened with a decent tune, and if you're worried about heatsoak then just do some of the more recent cooling mods in the viper world...aka add more fans. With the paxton you NEED to do a small fuel system in place of the setup they include. Rails, twin pumps, regulator, 60lb. injectors...and that's at the minimum for what I would consider safe.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Paxton set up is much cheaper than the heads and cam. That said, if your going to want more power down the road and who doesn't, you should do heads and cam first. Just orient the cam for a blower application.

OP
OP
Z

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I may just do that. It will give me something to look foward to in the future so I'm not just stuck with same ol' thing.