Gen 1 dash color

Robin747474

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the paint color or a close color to a gen 1 gray dash , radio bezel and glove box like to repaint as close to original as possible thanks

drjg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same. Just need a close color code. Not worried about the texture. They look different to me in every photo. I don’t know if anyone really knows what color it is or was when it was fresh out of the factory 30 years ago.

drjg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going ahead with painting. Used software to match color on as many photos as possible and came up with a grey that I purchased from myperfrctcolor.com, I bought SEM grey primer. Waiting on SEM satin black for the bezels and radio surround. I tried plastidip clear matte on some blanks and I liked the finish and texture but i want something more permanent that isn’t designed to peel off.

I’m going to try the soft touch clear matte system from Big Brain graphics once I get the black trim painted and masked off.

I fixed a couple small cracks with a Plastex repair kit. This was way more easy and satisfying than trying to weld the plastic with heat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets