Gen 4 rims on a Gen2

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 viper with stock 18 inch rims, Will stock gen 4 rims and tires fit on my car? Also due to the fact that the new rims use a 18 inch rim on the front and a 19 inch rim on the back will the ABS light come on?

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

went from 17" on all to 19" rear 18" front. love them!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a big freaking hole in your hood?

Both pics?

***?

Yes...his Vipair sucked in a raccoon and shot it out the hood. :D

Also, I know a CT member has a GenI with the GenIV H-spokes installed and it looks great. I think Tator did the wheel swap for him. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name here...maybe it was Bomboviper? :dunno:

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a big freaking hole in your hood?

Both pics?

***?

Oh yeah!! have the new hood in the shop but its not painted yet. I saved this car from being parted out. I dont even like showing the car yet because its a work in progress. It will be finished in spring and painted. Do a search using my name and see my build photos. JD

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YUP!!! Thats me...i'm trying to get the car out of storage and take some pics but i've been way too busy. The summer toys go in the heated basement for the winter and haven't come out of hibernation yet. Pics to follow in the next week or so. I've seen lots of cars with the gen 3 and 4 five spokes but very few with the h-spokes. Chuck Tator did a BUNCH of work for me this past fall (that is when Tony saw the car) but the wheels I did myself! I gotta take credit for somethin. :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YUP!!! Thats me...i'm trying to get the car out of storage and take some pics but i've been way too busy. The summer toys go in the heated basement for the winter and haven't come out of hibernation yet. Pics to follow in the next week or so. I've seen lots of cars with the gen 3 and 4 five spokes but very few with the h-spokes. Chuck Tator did a BUNCH of work for me this past fall (that is when Tony saw the car) but the wheels I did myself! I gotta take credit for somethin. :)

I think wheels looked great...wish I can afford a set on mine. Post up pics when you can. Hey, you interested in a coffee cruise to Rocky Hill Sunday? I'll post up details in our region forum later tonight.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'08 ACR 18/19"rims on my Y2k GenII, they fit great even with the 295 and 345 tires
You must be registered for see images

NOW THATS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2tu:

Here's mine...

Last edited:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell would you think the ABS light would come on after changing wheels??

Some questions trouble me....

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell would you think the ABS light would come on after changing wheels??

Some questions trouble me....

If the outside diameter of the tire(because of the bigger rims) is much larger or smaller than stock, it will trick the computer into thinking the wheels are spinning at different rates, thus screwing up the ABS.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not going to happen on a Viper with the size of tires that are available.

You guy are giving the computer way to much credit:)

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not going to happen on a Viper with the size of tires that are available.

You guy are giving the computer way to much credit:)

But it's a fair question to ask before spending thousands on wheels & tires. And questions don't cost anything at all.

Bob

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it's a fair question to ask before spending thousands on wheels & tires. And questions don't cost anything at all.

Bob

It is a good question; Gen 2 ABS is 3-channel and dumber. Gen 3 is 4-channel and smarter. Gen 2 is 18-18" wheels, now going to 18-19". And after reading on this site about all the complaining that the taller wheels on the newer cars provides an effective rear axle ratio of 2.9 (?) instead of the 3.07, you know the rears are taller. Don't have to give the computer credit, just the person who asked the question. (the worst question is the one not asked...)