Gen III Wheels on my GEN II - Questions

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks FLX, I have Always liked the 5 spokes for some reason, several of the guys here tried to get me to go with the 6 spokes back when you could get them really cheap but I just never caught on to the 6 spoke craze.To me probably the best looking wheel for my car is the Forgeline sp3p gunmetal center w/chrome lip or the Kinesis w/dark grey anodized center, just depends on how much you want to spend. Matt, with that bright red color of your car, pretty much anything would look great on it (your options are unlimited)! jmo

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome. I'm considering 6-spokes. Are those chromed or is that just the factory polished look? Is your car lowered or stock suspension?

Thanks Vnum. The wheels are factory polished, just the way they came, and the car is stock suspension. I have never considered lowering it, I already hate hearing that scraping going into numerous driveways or turn 1 at TWS (not that I've been there for a while):)

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to getting this project done, thought I'd post an update with the results.

Everything went smooth as silk. Ordered a fresh set of Pilot Super Sports (PS3's) from VPA. Had them mounted locally and I did the wheel swap in my garage. Center caps from the GEN II wheels fit perfectly. All clearances appear to be fine. New tires are 285/35-18 and 345/30-19 which are slightly wider than OEM for a GEN II and of course 1" taller in the rear. I compared the speedo reading to a GPS. Under 40 mph there is very little if any difference. From 40 up, the car is typically traveling about 2 mph faster than the speedo is reading, which is what I thought would be the case.

I'm very happy with the results and personally think the car looks great. Also loving the new PS3's. Limited driving with them at this point but they do feel great and traction is vastly improved over my original (read that hockey puck hard) PS1's.

BEFORE

1612133-3315_IMG.JPG

AFTER

IM0000431.jpg

IM0000521.jpg

IM000071.jpg

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Yellow

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach