Gen V insurance Q.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although a Gen V isn't in my deck of cards this year it is something I am working towards ASAP. I have seen a few in person and just truly love the cars inside out and.

I currently have an 08 and I pay about $1300 a year for full coverage which is a 12 month policy with no storage.

My Questions is has anyone that went Gen 4 to Gen 5 notice a dramatic price increase? If so roughly how much?

Thanks!

-Tim

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance premium is $498 for 6 months for my Gen V, adding it to my other two cars. This is for top of the line coverage, $500k collision and comp and all of the extras, assuming I drive it 3,000 miles a year, and price new was $143K. This is with Geico. I quoted AAA and it was more than double that. Pretty reasonable, it's about the same price as insuring my $36K Camaro! Very pleased with Geico.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance premium is $498 for 6 months for my Gen V, adding it to my other two cars. This is for top of the line coverage, $500k collision and comp and all of the extras, assuming I drive it 3,000 miles a year, and price new was $143K. This is with Geico. I quoted AAA and it was more than double that. Pretty reasonable, it's about the same price as insuring my $36K Camaro! Very pleased with Geico.

Great and thanks for the reply! Great information that I needed to know. Also make me think maybe I should give Geico a call on my current policy! If anyone else has any info please feel free to chime in as I would like to hear others experience but in the mean time this keeps the incentive alive to shoot for a Gen 5 soon!

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is in the $100/mo range and it's our 3rd car, for pleasure use only. I just happen to find pleasure in driving the car as much as possible and have racked up 2k miles in 2 months. HA!

I think though you'll get a wide range of answers to your question that vary by region. When we lived in Houston, TX insurance was nearly double what I'm paying now living in "cornfield, IL".

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ours was 140 a month with a BMW and a Rav4. My wife likes backing into things so, ours has been a bit higher.

Viper is $120 more a month on top of that, but we also got rid of the rental allowance saving $45.

I am sure I could get lower, but meh.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im with State Farm...Viper is 3rd car, full coverage, high deductible because unless its a huge crash, Ill pay the whole thing without a claim to keep rates down.. perfect driving record never an accident ( knock on wood ) $890 per year...

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is in the $100/mo range and it's our 3rd car, for pleasure use only. I just happen to find pleasure in driving the car as much as possible and have racked up 2k miles in 2 months. HA!

I think though you'll get a wide range of answers to your question that vary by region. When we lived in Houston, TX insurance was nearly double what I'm paying now living in "cornfield, IL".

Hum, Cornfield, IL...... Pretty sure I have been through there a few times lol....

And thanks again for the feedback. Really helps out a lot. Well I guess help is used loosely it just makes me want a Gen V even more.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
extra $600 annually with no seasonal restriction for 1/2 mill policy; 1-800-24-AMICA good company

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful with Geico. When I sold my 03 and picked up my 06, they did a "policy review" and said they couldn't cover the viper anymore. They claimed it was for modifications, but I never said the car had any modifications. Go figure. Check out the collector car insurance companies. They offer agreed values and very low deductibles. While I don't have a gen V yet, my 06 is $650/year with Grundy.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Grundy collectors insurance, no limitation on miles but no racing events (drag strip or racing tracks), or things like running your errands....agreed value $60,000.00 (2002 GTS) cost me $963 year. I had to provide pictures of storage, of course they check you out first in and out, mv records etc. Check them out if it is line of your car use.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm with Hagarty 18 cars on the policy $130,000.00 value 2k duct $1850.00 per year no tickets 52 years old no kids. must be a Florida thing my USAA Policy would have been $1600 but no agreed value

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance is ugly. :crazy2:

But that is mostly due to my jacked-up driving record. :rolleyes:

.......And that has been a direct result of being hassled by the cops with crap like speeding tickets and whatever. :crazy2:

At the racetrack, there is no insurance. :rolleyes:

.....But there are also NO COPS. :D