Gen V price

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 13 GTS FOR 88k, do you think this is a good deal? Car has never been titled, no stripes, black, loaded and looks gorgous.
What kind of beating will I take on resale if I ever decide. I'm thinking this could be mine for a longtime. Im trading in a great srt8 jeep that is badass as well,
So never being titled means my warranty starts when I purchase, right?
Thanks

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will take a beating on everything reselling...nature of the beast. Enjoy the car, drive the snot of her until you are bored...if that is possible.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You should be able to pick it up cheaper. It's left over inventory and coming up on 2 years old. Deal it down to $82K. Good luck.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends what options. i don't think it is bad, but i think you can possibly get better. <$85 would be decent, <$82k would be great. but, in reality if you want the best deal, the 2013's are drying up

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Wikkid, you have not stated mileage. Be sure to run VIN thru Chrysler to be sure that it still has full warranty.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a decent deal, see if you can get it in the mid 80s (few thousand more off ). If it already has an in service date (warranty already started) make them throw in a max care warranty too.

Rhythmdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wikkid,
I purchased my 2013 gts last weekend. No stripes, the only option was the 1k stereo upgrade. Sticker was 125,900. I paid 79,000 and they purchased an srt cover for me. The car was new, untitled with 5 miles on it. Your car sounds a lot like one I looked at in Toledo. Identical to mine except for the 1k black venoms. They wouldn't budge from 88 and I looked elsewhere and did better. For 88k you can get a new gts with stickers in the mid 130s. Hope this helps

Rhythmdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jojo,
I purchased from croton auto group, about two hours north of me from ocean county, NJ. Ended up being a lot cheaper as well as a lot closer than Toledo Ohio. They still have a 2nd 2013 gts quite nice, it's gunmetal with black stripes and track package with black sidewinders. I found them respectful and easy to deal with.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jojo,
I purchased from croton auto group, about two hours north of me from ocean county, NJ. Ended up being a lot cheaper as well as a lot closer than Toledo Ohio. They still have a 2nd 2013 gts quite nice, it's gunmetal with black stripes and track package with black sidewinders. I found them respectful and easy to deal with.
I was working to get that one lol. Sadly, they told me the gunmetal was gone over a month ago or i would have snatched it up.

Rhythmdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow,
Too far. I've looked my local dealer is "certified," which, from what I gather, they have at least one technician that has been trained to service vipers. I was going to give them a try in 6 months for my first oil change.

Rhythmdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper smith,
That gunmetal gts is still there and was sitting next to my car when I drove it out of the showroom last weekend. 89,900 asking.....

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper smith,
That gunmetal gts is still there and was sitting next to my car when I drove it out of the showroom last weekend. 89,900 asking.....

ha, i picked up a 2015 silver 2 weeks ago. i would have been all over the gunmetal if i known it was still there... oh well :)

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for one too in the mid 70's. I would settle even for no GTS if I could find one.

Dealers in Florida don't seem too excited to sell them.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a bit high for 2013 but it all depends how willing the dealer is to make the car go away.
Skyy406: You are right that dealers in FL do not seem to be interested in moving their inventory. The Naples Dealership gave me 10K off, best price, final offer on a 115K MSRP unit.