Gen V Sema Walkaround/Summary

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is going on with that terrible gap on the trunk lid. Every one I have seen so far looks like that. Man I hope they fix that.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All new parts, same old gaps !

It's another reason why I hate the departure from the GTS glass hatch. The SRT coupe looks terrible with all of those unnecessary gaps/lines. I'll live with the occasional leak and potential rattling. The visual pollution is far worse. Then again, I'm just spinning my wheels. That would be a fundamental design change too late in the game.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's another reason why I hate the departure from the GTS glass hatch. The SRT coupe looks terrible with all of those unnecessary gaps/lines. I'll live with the occasional leak and potential rattling. The visual pollution is far worse. Then again, I'm just spinning my wheels. That would be a fundamental design change too late in the game.

I think the new rear glass is a little cheaper to make and I think that the rear hatch was open in that walk around, but I have heard from someone that has plant employees working for him (part timers) that they are having a hard time at the factory making everything fit. All the older cars were urethane panels with the occasional SMC or aluminum piece which made fitting everything a lot easier.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is going on with that terrible gap on the trunk lid. Every one I have seen so far looks like that. Man I hope they fix that.

In another thread I had mentioned that this recent picture looks like they fixed the trunk gap that had plagued the earlier mules etc. Look at the much tighter gaps of the trunk lid in this picture.....I think the trunk was obviously open in that video above..
attachment.php

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In another thread I had mentioned that this recent picture looks like they fixed the trunk gap that had plagued the earlier mules etc. Look at the much tighter gaps of the trunk lid in this picture.....I think the trunk was obviously open in that video above..
attachment.php

is it just me, or is that just a generated image, rather than a picture? they would obviously have perfect gaps if it is drawn

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said they went with a decal instead of an emblem to help with weight. Oh yea, those emblems weigh soooo much. How about to help keep cost down. Who ya crappin?

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hopefully you're right. Every picture I've seen of the yellow SEMA Viper looks like that. If it is open, the difference between it being open and closed is negligible.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/658126-SRT-Viper-Goes-Italian-with-Abarth-Venom-2012-SEMA-Show

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said they went with a decal instead of an emblem to help with weight. Oh yea, those emblems weigh soooo much. How about to help keep cost down. Who ya crappin?

FWIW, this is what Porsche does with their 911 GT3 RS variants among others... they use a decal instead of a metal emblem.