Gen V Test Drive - Just Curious

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTViper, just put your time and energy in something else. As MANY have said, it's not the car for you. Get over it and move on! Your posts of late are all over the place, contradicting yourself multiple times, yet insulting those when challenged. You have read a ton about cars, etc. that is very clear, but I question whether you really have ever driven a car or even if you have a driver's license nor a car of any kind, let alone a Shelby. You have to ask yourself why you are here? What do you hope to gain? Sounds like a ride in someone's car is the highlight of your existence.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few low mileage used ones out there already, thought about grabbing one of those up?
yeah thanks but no thanks I want my options and not just cancelled orders or dealer cars. mostly all is red

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTViper, just put your time and energy in something else. As MANY have said, it's not the car for you. Get over it and move on! Your posts of late are all over the place, contradicting yourself multiple times, yet insulting those when challenged. You have read a ton about cars, etc. that is very clear, but I question whether you really have ever driven a car or even if you have a driver's license nor a car of any kind, let alone a Shelby. You have to ask yourself why you are here? What do you hope to gain? Sounds like a ride in someone's car is the highlight of your existence.

http://[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/svt13/media/image4_zps10f349af.jpeg.html]
You must be registered for see images
[/URL]

http://[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/svt13/media/image2_zpsb336c936.jpeg.html]
[/URL]

Don't you just look like an idiot now. What I hope to gain is what a true unbiased opinion of the car would be on how it rides and what it is like to own one. Also to see if anything goes wrong with the car over time so I know what to look out for before I order one. I did the same with the shelby and I got lucky I got one with no problems. I bought my shelby without first driving it and I regret that decision because as I said it is very bumpy even in the comfort setting. Yea yea I have 660 hp but what good does it do me when I'm bumping my tires off the street. Only an idiot repeats the same mistakes and sorry but I am not an idiot. Now **** for the rest of the thread now since your nonsense comments are an insult to my intelligence.

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures of SOMEONE'S Shelby. Your pictures prove nothing. There again you go insulting people when challenged. Bottom line is the Viper is a race car in sheepskin clothing, always has been, always will be. Fancy electric shocks or not, it is going to ride very stiff and even rough for most. I have been in and ridden in three Gen Vs. Two prototypes and a production SRT. It is what it is. You want a smooth ride, etc, there are probably a few used Lincoln Town Cars out there in decent shape.

The unbiased opinion you are so desperately seeking has been provided in the numerous new GEN V owner reviews already posted on the board. They are resoundingly positive reviews. What more do you want? Again for every positive that is posted by others, owners with the cars in their hands, you come back with a negative post or a post to try to combat it as a negative compared to another car. You will never be satisfied and are just coming across as well...........no point, as those reading your posts have already figured that out anyway. Again, if you can not figure out the car is not for you, you are the one with the intelligence problem.

I would be more than happy to be quiet, if you stop wasting people's time. You don't need to beat your chest on the point you have the money to buy a new one. You do, you don't, whatever. The bottom line is from your posts, what you say is important and what you want, the car is just not for you. It is not for everyone and is what it is so with that fact, again what is the point of you being here as you clearly have a different agenda?

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTViper, just put your time and energy in something else. As MANY have said, it's not the car for you. Get over it and move on! Your posts of late are all over the place, contradicting yourself multiple times, yet insulting those when challenged. You have read a ton about cars, etc. that is very clear... You have to ask yourself why you are here? What do you hope to gain? Sounds like a ride in someone's car is the highlight of your existence.

SRTViper, agreed, and I'm sure this is becoming clear to you as well. You're not looking to take delivery of a car for two years anyways, and you (and some others) seem legitimately disappointed to have a number of well-documented issues with the manufacturer, the dealers and the car. I wouldn't expect everything to change over 2 years, but hopefully at least some of these issues will be addressed to your satisfaction by the time you are ready to purchase your next car, and if not you will find something more suitable. You should be able to sense that members are getting tired and annoyed by your seemingly endless negative posts, across numerous threads, so why not give yourself and others a break, and sit back and listen to the over-whelmingly positive experiences of those who own and drive their Gen V's. Bear in mind that these owners are enjoying their cars despite all, or many, of the same issues you're dwelling on. I think most would agree that you need to be a much stronger fan of the Viper and its positive attibutes than you are at present to be able to over-look its issues, and that a drive around a parking lot or the neighborhood will not make you a convert at this time. If you are seriously considering buying a Viper in the future I hope and expect it will be much easier to test drive one for both our sakes...and I'll be testing the convertible :)

Last edited:

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I told my dealer if he has someone interested in buying one and needs a test drive to let me know and I would let them drive mine
The offer is good to you too SRTviper I even have some old ones and corvettes to compare it too
Come to Palm Beach FL the weathers great

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce is right. I bought the car despite annoyances with it taking so long. I expect minor finish issues (there really haven't been any sans a carpet issue). So far I am quite surprised how much I do love the car. If has exceeded my expectations to say the least.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to try one on for size in Florida at North Broward Dodge... Car is stunning in Red/Gunmetal.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/svt13/media/image4_zps10f349af.jpeg.html]
[/URL]

http://[URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/svt13/media/image2_zpsb336c936.jpeg.html]
[/URL]

Don't you just look like an idiot now. What I hope to gain is what a true unbiased opinion of the car would be on how it rides and what it is like to own one. Also to see if anything goes wrong with the car over time so I know what to look out for before I order one. I did the same with the shelby and I got lucky I got one with no problems. I bought my shelby without first driving it and I regret that decision because as I said it is very bumpy even in the comfort setting. Yea yea I have 660 hp but what good does it do me when I'm bumping my tires off the street. Only an idiot repeats the same mistakes and sorry but I am not an idiot. Now **** for the rest of the thread now since your nonsense comments are an insult to my intelligence.

Everytime you post you sound more whiney. All of your questions have been answered by Gen V owners here 10x over. You're starting to sound like Lieberman's review. More than a couple people have told you where you can go to test drive the car, but we all know you won't do it. Instead, you will post more whining and complaining about some esoteric notion you have relating to a car you will never drive and have no experience with. At this point, you have zero credibility with anyone on this board and are viewed as a troll and gigantic tool. Does posting here really give that much validation to an otherwise miserable, attentionless life? It would appear so.

Last edited:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. SRTviper, you seem like a nice guy. Want to be my friend ? I promise not to insult you like Mr. Coloviper does.

Mr. Coloviper is mean. I think Mr. Coloviper is a bully. Mr. madninjaskillz is also very rude ! He is not a good host here on the forums. Mr. madninjaskillz said your life is miserable and attentionless. That is very rude. Shame on them.

Anyway, I think the 2013 Viper in white with black wheels looks great. What do you think ?

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. SRTviper, I think you should tell Mr. Coloviper that there is no reason that he should be mad at you, and that he owes you an apology. Mr. SRTviper, I think that Mr. madninjaskillz also owes you an apology for being so rude and demeaning. They are bad hosts here on the forums. shame on them.

And by the way, what do you think about SRT Viper possibly going to a bigger wheel size in the future ? I think it is a good idea, what do you think ?

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime you post you sound more whiney. All of your questions have been answered by Gen V owners here 10x over. You're starting to sound like Lieberman's review. More than a couple people have told you where you can go to test drive the car, but we all know you won't do it. Instead, you will post more whining and complaining about some esoteric notion you have relating to a car you will never drive and have not experience with. At this point, you have zero credibility with anyone on this board and are viewed as a troll and gigantic tool. Does posting here really give that much validation to an otherwise miserable, attentionless life? It would appear so.

Wow you just made me believe you are the dumbest person on this forum. The only place I seem to be able to test drive the car is in florida. How about you buy me the plane ticket there? Otherwise shut up.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the General Discussions section I posted a suggestion to make paying a fee compulsory to join the forum and post....and was shot down....sigh.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the General Discussions section I posted a suggestion to make paying a fee compulsory to join the forum and post....and was shot down....sigh.

I think that there should be a policy that each post costs $10. That way we do not have to deal with the people who are just here to waste time.

Can we start a petition ?

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or perhaps that you at least own a Viper. (A Viper owner section to keep the trolls out.)

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@SRTViper
Even if you could do a test drive, what do you expect to discover? You are not going to get a true feel for the car just driving it around the block and the dealership would be out of their mind to let you or anyone drive the car ******* the street...so what's the point? Buy a viper and be happy. If you don't have $100-$120K, trade in your stang and finance the balance. Your payments would be about the same as they are now. Life does not reward those who sit around and wait to see what happens.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods - please close this thread. Here we go again with personal attacks and this just started out with a question about whether dealers allow test drives and if not, why don't they.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@SRTViper
Even if you could do a test drive, what do you expect to discover? You are not going to get a true feel for the car just driving it around the block and the dealership would be out of their mind to let you or anyone drive the car ******* the street...so what's the point? Buy a viper and be happy. If you don't have $100-$120K, trade in your stang and finance the balance. Your payments would be about the same as they are now. Life does not reward those who sit around and wait to see what happens.

Well the plan was always trade in the mustang, pay like 20-30k cash and finance the last 50k. I told you the only thing I care about is how bumpy the car is lol. I don't need to test drive it a crazy amount to see how it handles or how fast it is. I already know based off my mustang a zr1 I have driven how the viper will feel in those regards. The only thing I don't know is if my head is going to go through that small roof with the bumps. If the shelby's roof was as low as the vipers, literally my head would go thru it over big bumps. And to be honest when dealing with crap like that, makes me not even want to get into the car. I liked the zr1, it rode very nicely and when I wanted it to be stiff when I did crazy stuff, I could make it stiff.

Mods - please close this thread. Here we go again with personal attacks and this just started out with a question about whether dealers allow test drives and if not, why don't they.

The reason they don't is because they think they have a 5 billion dollar car on their lots because even bugatti lets you test drive.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the plan was always trade in the mustang, pay like 20-30k cash and finance the last 50k. I told you the only thing I care about is how bumpy the car is lol. I don't need to test drive it a crazy amount to see how it handles or how fast it is. I already know based off my mustang a zr1 I have driven how the viper will feel in those regards. The only thing I don't know is if my head is going to go through that small roof with the bumps. If the shelby's roof was as low as the vipers, literally my head would go thru it over big bumps. And to be honest when dealing with crap like that, makes me not even want to get into the car. I liked the zr1, it rode very nicely and when I wanted it to be stiff when I did crazy stuff, I could make it stiff.

The reason they don't is because they think they have a 5 billion dollar car on their lots because even bugatti lets you test drive.

Your posts seem bring up up concerns that never existed before on this forum...ever...

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I'd be satisfied driving it around the parking lot lol. Not even a 1/4 mile.

Maybe you need to see why some of the dealerships are hesitant to let people drive their Vipers. Someone pulling into the dealership in a Viper, I might could see letting them test drive one but not anyone else simply due to the torque these cars have.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...to-Nightmare....Viper-Crashed-by-a-Dealership

http://jalopnik.com/375335/dealer-porter-totally-destroys-limited-edition-dodge-viper-srt10

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/630445-Keeping-new-Viper-owners-SAFE-a-How-To

And finally one that goes to show you why test drives are probably not allowed.

http://dodgeforum.com/articles/chrysler-engineer-killed-while-driving-a-2013-srt-viper/

It has been stated before that the problem when it comes to High HP\TQ cars is often that people have more money than brains when it comes to driving them. That is why so many Vipers are wrecked on the way home from the dealership. Some people have the money to own them but do not have the skills to drive them. They get in them and think that they know how to drive it when in fact they are not prepared.

For those who have never owned one, you may want to look up the term "Snakebitten" in reference to the Viper.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bumps? Really dude? It sounds like you're just looking for some excuse not to get it.

Like I said before, a roll around the block or in the parking lot is not going to tell you anything about the car, and I fully support the dealers' decision to not allow test drives...because if they did it for you, they'd have to do it for just about anyone that walks through the door. If you are in a position to afford a Viper and you don't have other obligations to worry about then get it and enjoy it.

I'm not so sure about that...why don't you go to a bugatti dealer and see if they let you test drive the veyron. Make sure someone records this on video - or it didn't happen!

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumps? Really dude? It sounds like you're just looking for some excuse not to get it.

Like I said before, a roll around the block or in the parking lot is not going to tell you anything about the car, and I fully support the dealers' decision to not allow test drives...because if they did it for you, they'd have to do it for just about anyone that walks through the door. If you are in a position to afford a Viper and you don't have other obligations to worry about then get it and enjoy it.

I'm not so sure about that...why don't you go to a bugatti dealer and see if they let you test drive the veyron. Make sure someone records this on video - or it didn't happen!

I'm not looking for excuses I just don't want a bumpy road car again. I like cars with mag ride or something like that. I don't know what the m6 or porsche 911 uses but they have good adjustable systems too. And the zr1. But if you prove you have the means to afford a bugatti then yes they have a guy I forgot his name but he is on every video pretty much with jay leno and a bugatti and he goes with you on the test drives for anyone in north america.

So they should do that with the viper. If someone is a serious buyer and proves they have the means to buy the car they should allow a small test drive. And you would be surprised what I could learn going up and down the road especially one like the roads in bethesda or rockville pike for example. I drove both m6 and 911 4s and turbo s there and compared to my car they are much much smoother. I want a smooth car and I'm trying to figure out if this is one or not. That is why a test drive is necessary. Plus I simply just won't buy another car again without test driving it.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you need to see why some of the dealerships are hesitant to let people drive their Vipers. Someone pulling into the dealership in a Viper, I might could see letting them test drive one but not anyone else simply due to the torque these cars have.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...to-Nightmare....Viper-Crashed-by-a-Dealership

http://jalopnik.com/375335/dealer-porter-totally-destroys-limited-edition-dodge-viper-srt10

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/630445-Keeping-new-Viper-owners-SAFE-a-How-To

And finally one that goes to show you why test drives are probably not allowed.

http://dodgeforum.com/articles/chrysler-engineer-killed-while-driving-a-2013-srt-viper/

It has been stated before that the problem when it comes to High HP\TQ cars is often that people have more money than brains when it comes to driving them. That is why so many Vipers are wrecked on the way home from the dealership. Some people have the money to own them but do not have the skills to drive them. They get in them and think that they know how to drive it when in fact they are not prepared.

For those who have never owned one, you may want to look up the term "Snakebitten" in reference to the Viper.

My car has 630 tq so that is more than the viper. Nothing is going to happen to the car. And if it does then I'll pay for it in full from the dealer if I wrecked it.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your posts seem bring up up concerns that never existed before on this forum...ever...

Because the guys who buy the previous vipers don't give a sh** if it is bumpy or not, if it has navigation or not, if it has leather or not, etc......Hell they probably wouldn't even care if it had a roof or doors. I'm the new kind of guy interested in the viper so I want gizmos, comfort, luxury, and power.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mr. SRTviper, how about just renting the Viper for the day ? That way you do not have to bother with the dealer at all.

And... if you rent the gen 5 for the day then you could drive it all day long. You could take it to a private track and see how the car performs.

If you test drive with a dealer, I am sure the dealer will be in the passenger seat you with you and I am sure he/she will restrict you being able to see what the car can do ( on public streets)

See, what a great idea !! ( patting myself on the back)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think the Shelby is too rough a ride in comfort mode (yes I had a 2011 and now a 2014 Shelby with the track and perf pkgs), then I can tell you as a gen4 owner and having driven a gen5, the new viper is not for you. The Shelby in comfort steering and N suspension mode is a luxury ride compared to the vipers. Put your Shelby in sport/track mode and this is like the viper, in feel, although the viper has less jounce to it on rebound. Hope the helps. I'd be looking at the C7 if I were you, for the ride you desire the mag suspension (I had a CTS-V with it) will give ou what you want.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mr. SRTviper, how about just renting the Viper for the day ? That way you do not have to bother with the dealer at all.

And... if you rent the gen 5 for the day then you could drive it all day long. You could take it to a private track and see how the car performs.

If you test drive with a dealer, I am sure the dealer will be in the passenger seat you with you and I am sure he/she will restrict you being able to see what the car can do ( on public streets)

See, what a great idea !! ( patting myself on the back)

Lol. Yea I already thought about that.

I asked someone in that hertz thread how to search for the viper on their website. Because I cannot find the section where they have their high performance cars. I just can find the luxury ones and the other ones like camaros and mustang gt's. Otherwise yea I rather just pay and rent it for the day.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think the Shelby is too rough a ride in comfort mode (yes I had a 2011 and now a 2014 Shelby with the track and perf pkgs), then I can tell you as a gen4 owner and having driven a gen5, the new viper is not for you. The Shelby in comfort steering and N suspension mode is a luxury ride compared to the vipers. Put your Shelby in sport/track mode and this is like the viper, in feel, although the viper has less jounce to it on rebound. Hope the helps. I'd be looking at the C7 if I were you, for the ride you desire the mag suspension (I had a CTS-V with it) will give ou what you want.

Sounds like it. I always ride with the shelby in sport steering and normal suspension. I only put the shocks on sport mode when I'm going to do some heavy turning. I feel the car feels more planted to the road in sport mode but then it is too stiff that it bounces the tires off the ground literally.

My only problem with the vette is that I would have to put an akrapovic exhaust on it and send it to caravaggio to get the interior on par with the viper and get his carbon fiber steering wheel. But that is 20k I'll never see again. And also the c7 zr1 will still be based off the 51k platform while the viper isn't based off anything cheaper. That is why it is more attractive to me.

Plus I think the viper looks way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang