Georgia Half Mile Shoot-Out

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While at the Mopars at the Rock event in Rockingham last week, Angel and I were talking about his quarter mile pass (great 60’ times and MPH by the way) and he shared that he had heard about a Half Mile Shootout in Georgia coming up later in the year. I found wannagofast.com online that evening and have since registered. I have spoken to Blake (great guy) with wannagofast.com who organizes this event and they also run this in Florida and Chicago as well.

After watching the YouTube Videos, I figured if I ever was going to participate, this year may be the best year to do so, as it may not be a good event for stock vehicles in the next year or so as many of cars appear to be highly modified (TT/SC/Nitrous, etc). I am uncertain what a stock 2010 ACR will run, but I am thinking I should hit above 150 and maybe with a little luck and "tail wind", close in on 160. If I don’t have to shift into fifth before the end of the half mile it may be possible, but with the change made with the 5th gear in 2010, if I need to, there still may be a chance. I think in such a straight line run, the aero will actually work against the car due to the down force being produced by that package, limiting my top end speed. We will find out!

Though you line up against another car, you are really racing for trap speed. I attached the thread link if you have interest in attending, Saturday is already sold out but they currently have openings for Sunday. Check out the link, or go to the website, wannagofast.com or even search YouTube for keywords like Heavens Landing Half Mile, Georgia Half Mile, etc and you will see the cars are awesome (no matter what type) and I sense it will be a great time running or even just spectating. If anyone else plans to go, let me know.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/664418-Georgia-1-2-mile-racing

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't decided if i'll do the 1/2 mile yet(probably will), but i already booked my room for the dragon's tail, anyway if i don't run i'll still attend the 1/2 mile in georgia!!,Chuck, do you have the info for the ppl that fixed the wheels on your 06?, thanks

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in for Sunday!!!!! Starting some more mods on the Viper. It will be interesting what she can do, for now I have installed, aluminum flywheel, 355 gears, 3 inch Corsa exhaust, RT high flow cats, Six spoke wheels, Eradispeed rotors, K&N cold air intake, and just ordered Roeracings Billet Aluminum throttle Body. Still thinking about adding some juice.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in for Sunday!!!!! Starting some more mods on the Viper. It will be interesting what she can do, for now I have installed, aluminum flywheel, 355 gears, 3 inch Corsa exhaust, RT high flow cats, Six spoke wheels, Eradispeed rotors, K&N cold air intake, and just ordered Roeracings Billet Aluminum throttle Body. Still thinking about adding some juice.

Fantastic, I think there will be a couple other Vipers attending as well. When we get closer to the date, we can figure out where to meet up. Nice job with the mods, it will interesting to see how those changes translate to trap speed. I envy you guys and the mods you make, I have a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty I purchased through Dodge (non-transferable) when I bought the car and don't want to do anything to void that warranty. I recently called about how an exhaust system would affect the warranty and received mixed answers, I am seeking clarification. I would like to do an exhaust system prior to the event, otherwise I am bone stock.

firefighter196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering what your times were I'm going to take a guess you were alot slower than expected probably in the mid 140 mph unless you removed the rear wing. I have been in 2 of these type of events with my 04 SRT and another guys with an 08 ACR first year with his wing on i beat him, second year with wing off he beat me with a top speed of 147mph to my 143mph.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to make a change in plans as I couldn't get back from an anniversary vacation that week to participate. But, after a recent regional club event that included access to an airstrip for some runway passes, not a half mile, I agree with you. Even at 130, you could feel the downforce by the aero pushing the car down, working as designed. But it was fun anyway. Definitely a car made for the turns more so than the straight runs.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what's its worth, I raced a 09 acr a couple times. The race I remember off the top of my head, I hit 150 and he hit 145. We both had wings on. I didn't have a chance to get a run in without the wing. I know the ultimata gtr (kit car) has a 7-8mph difference with/without their wing in the 1/2 mile.