Getting ready to buy VEC 1 - other options??

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I would like some opinions on the Vec1 OR any other spark/AF managment systems.

After reading about Lee Dove and his incredible HP and TQ gain with the Vec, I am ready to do something.

As always, your help is appreciated!!

Regards,

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, I'm very pleased with the VEC1. My cars main problem was the factory computer always ran the car lean. Even with the VEC1 it is still lean. but, that's because the injectors are maxed out. The gains I got with the VEC are incredible and I'm sure it will help your car.You may also find you need larger injectors to get max power
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
smile.gif

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We offer both the ROE racing controllers and Dastek Unichip custom piggyback computers. As already mentioned, the Roe controller works good for do minor tuning on relatively stock cars. If you are modifying your engine internals it's worth the money to get a custom tuned program. We tune cars with both options on our in-house dynojet. I am not sure what program others are using, but I don't believe there is one available that allows you to adjust fuel and timing independently. All the ones we have seen allow fuel only. It's better than nothing, but we would still like to see more control over the Viper's computer. We can normally tune a car in a couple hours, and the computer box itself runs about $500.

Hope this helps!
-Wayne

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOTHING beats the DAstek Unichip. i had a hardwired chip on my mopar computer on my world challange neon. once that sucker hit 4500 rpms it hit another gear altogether. unfortunately when i needed tuning help noone was around for help. so i had to go with an Acell DFI unit...

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody try the "$750 box" from Gold West Performance. It apparently plugs in to the factory data port, then allows fuel/timing adjustments and then '"burns the settings in" even when the unit is removed.

My car mods are only ACR smooth tubes and Bellanger exhaust.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC-1 works well with NOS also.I don't sell a NOS system without it.The LED air/fuel box is well done and looks fast and furious.
You'll learn how the motor works under normal conditions by watching the lights and maybe catch a bad plug,injector or, before you break it.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I am not sure what to do here. I would prefer to go with the Unichip - but, I don't know anyone locally that can actually do the tuning. Any Suggestions??

If not, I guess I have to go with the VEC1.

Regards,

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin-
Does your Viper have any tuning done to it now? How do you know you need additional tuning at this point?

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wideband reading from the tailpipe is not the way to go if the car still has cats...a post cat reading to determine A/F is misdirected. I would suggest a pull or two with a wideband...just add another O2 **** in the collector and plug it when not in use.