God doesnt want me to have a viper. Im serious.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but great things about Bernie and im glad there are quality dealers for vipers. Im still waiting on the b/w/ gts though. That is in my price range and if i get a dealer owned car i know ill be getting the best of the best but ill just have to save a little longer.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hang in there...when the time is right the car will find you. There's no other feeling like taking your first ride in YOUR Viper...well worth the wait. I'm sure all of us would agree.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are looking at it the wrong way. You are very lucky that you discovered the bent frame. God was looking after you, he didn't want you to have THAT viper. Don't get in a hurry and you will find the right car.

agree. the glass is half full, not half empty.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed for the b/w. It is the perfect car for me. Blue and white is the best! Pluse its a GREAT price and it already has headers and full exhaust. saves me money because i would eventually do exhaust with any viper i buy.

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with agentf1. When I went to talk to Bernie, I had always wanted a 94 rt/10...then I talked to him for about 30 minutes and ended up with an 04 Mamba (great choice by the way). In the end, I have some great stories about getting the car and it was like I was meant to have THIS particular Viper. Read the post Bernie did about it and you'll understand.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/613979-new-owner-mike-sitton-heart-felt-story.html

Turns out the car was from the same county I was born in. Sometimes things can be serendipitous!

That is truely an amazing story.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be frustrating. Just thank God you found it before bringing it home!!! Thats actually a relief.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this 97 doesnt work out im going to put the search on the back burner. my girlfriend is an inch away from killing me considering how much time i spend working and looking for or at cars.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this 97 doesnt work out im going to put the search on the back burner. my girlfriend is an inch away from killing me considering how much time i spend working and looking for or at cars.

You might as well quit while your ahead, because if you do get the car that's all your going to talk about. Don't say I did'nt warn you. Oh well there's plenty of fish in the sea, but the number of perfect Vipers diminshes daily.:D

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the guys are right. if you want to end the search, call one of the site sponsors. you may pay a little more, but you are going to get a car that has been more than likely already checked out by a viper tech and repaired as necessary, or you are going to be told exactly what is going on with the car.

at some point, you have to ask yourself what your time is worth.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to use one of the site sponsored vendors like BJ motors but i cant. Its not that i dont want to spend the extra money to get one from a dealer, i dont have the extra money to spend. The right car will find me, its fate.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fate is bull****, i want a viper!!!!

It doesnt look like this 97 b/w gts is going to work out. He didnt call me back by the day he said he was going to so i assume he traded it in. Who the hell wants a yellow 08 AUTOMATIC corvette convertible anyways. ***!!!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: God doesnt want me to have a viper. Im serious.

but catwood does ;)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and reread the thread, but didn't see the answers to the following questions. Sorry if I missed them or you posted them in another thread:

1.Whats your budget?
2. Does it have to be a Gen 2? IMO, the main prob with Gen 1's is the crappy softtop...and Gen 2's have it as well :) . No windows really doesn't bother me at all
3. What is the maximum # of miles you're willing to buy a car with?

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No news from the guy with the B/W/ 97. I hate to admit this to this crew but i looked at an 02 procharged z06 last night with 20/19 HRE 541's. Car was amazing. Fastest thing i have ever been in.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take it that you've never been in a Forced Induction Viper then? Mine went 10.5@139mph on street tires. Never seen a viper that compares to that.

Most of the Procharged vettes I've read of are only 550rwhp. Not very much when considering their cost.

Also a lot of vette and Viper owners on here has issues with vette breakage and warranty issues (with stock vettes). Guess a FI vette wouldn't have any warranty - so no warranty issues???

Car show I attended got me 2nd place. 4 vettes were in attendence and they all got 'butkiss'. Need I say more?

Ted

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent you a PM....no reply. It's not God holding you up.

:rolaugh:

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey catwood, I responded to yours on tuesday from my work comp, it should have went through. If it didnt im sorry, didnt mean to be rude. Pm sent.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in the process of lining up an 02 RT/10 Graphite Metallic with 17,000 miles for a very good price. Cross your fingers.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No news from the guy with the B/W/ 97. I hate to admit this to this crew but i looked at an 02 procharged z06 last night with 20/19 HRE 541's. Car was amazing. Fastest thing i have ever been in.

550rwhp....I make more than that N/A with a stock-ish cam. Vettes...are slow.

Trust me, once you get your hands on a good viper, you will never want to ride in a vette again. I did.

If your in Orlando, look me up. I'll take you for a spin in an ACR you will not forget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlindell