got a ticket for no front plate

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy two license bracket/holder things, install the plate, then break one. Put it in the trunk. When pulled over, say it recently broke and you will repair it tomorrow. Insist that you can show them the following day and perhaps like a light bulb replacement, they excuse the ticket if you drive over with the good one.

Actually, ummm, I have found that if you are called into a conversation with a police officer for something he/she didn't care for, having an easy "lesser of two evils" opportunity for them to justify their stopping you is a good thing.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a ticket for no front plate after having the car for 11 months. I decided to get the bracket from parts rack but after a couple weeks of having it on, I couldn't stand seeing it anymore. So now what I do, is keep it tucked under the passenger seat (fits nicely I might add). I've gotten pulled over 3 times since in the last 2 years and each time I just say "i'm sorry officer, I just washed the car this morning and I forgot to put it back on". They usually ask to see it, I get it out and walk to the front of the car and slide it on until I get where i'm going or get home and take it off again. They never give me a ticket. This will not work however if the same cop pulls you over twice :) but that has yet to happen

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooooooooooooo...for privacy reasons I had to black-out some parts of the great picture, but...

today, I found a place to put your front license plate! So next time the officer approaches you, tell him that you have it ON! And step out of the car, bend back and proudly present "it"...

drew.jpg