Great......Nail in rear tire. 335/30-18 Pilot Sport

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Snap! Just airing them up when I notice rr tire has 12lbs. This is the 2nd nail in that tire. It was plugged once already. Yikes.
Anyone have some take-off 335-18's they need to get rid of to clean up space in the garage?

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Snap! Just airing them up when I notice rr tire has 12lbs. This is the 2nd nail in that tire. It was plugged once already. Yikes.
Anyone have some take-off 335-18's they need to get rid of to clean up space in the garage?

Any time you repair a tire its no longer safe to drive at very high speeds. The tires no longer has a valid speed rating due to the fact that it can separate at high speed.

OP
OP
B

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any time you repair a tire its no longer safe to drive at very high speeds. The tires no longer has a valid speed rating due to the fact that it can separate at high speed.

Absolutely!
I had arbitrarily limited speed to no more than 85. Worked good to keep the tickets away, but I'm done with the patchjob.
Not the smartest or safest thing for sure, but it was professionally repaired, just no longer speed safe.
Time for a new or quality used one.....

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They turn up on E-bay often and in the classifieds here. I have 4 for sale, but they are attached to my 01 ACR:D

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich, forgot about you.
You at work now?
Garage door unlocked?
putting the wrench and jack in my car right now.
Just keep an eye on the pressure of the RR!:drive:

-jb
Just leave a check and take the whole car:) I'm easy to get along with:lmao:

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop driving too far to the right of the lane where the asphalt meets the sidewalk.
The front tire'll pick up the nail or screw and shoot it to the rear tire.

I figured that out a long time ago when I kept getting right rear punctures on my 911.
It's not a commonly known problem because most people don't do that "spirited" driving.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmm.... Who told you that? Someone that sells tires, or Michelin. Now I can't vouch for two patches in a tire, but here is what Michelin told me when I had to put in my first patch several years ago... But don't take my word for it, I would call Michelin. I don't want your widow posting here saying I am responsible for your death :omg:

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...cial-word-michelin-patching-pilot-sports.html

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Although it's probably more prudent to get new PS2s, I have a complete 'original' set of Pilots from my 2000 GTS with 10,110 miles on them. NEVER tracked or autocrossed, have 'decent' tread on the rears (will measure in 32nds if you want) and better in front.

The cold traction with these tires is pitiful; once warm they settle in and seem fine, but I now understand that to be characteristic.

Entire matched set is yours for $180 if you want 'em. Just PM me if this works for you.

Otherwise JonB will do you right on new ones (whole gig will come to around $2k tires, shipped, mounted.)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop driving too far to the right of the lane where the asphalt meets the sidewalk.
The front tire'll pick up the nail or screw and shoot it to the rear tire.

I figured that out a long time ago when I kept getting right rear punctures on my 911.
It's not a commonly known problem because most people don't do that "spirited" driving.

You mean driving too close in the right hand lane? A little confused by this one, especially since I have had several nails in my tires in the last year.

OP
OP
B

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although it's probably more prudent to get new PS2s, I have a complete 'original' set of Pilots from my 2000 GTS with 10,110 miles on them. NEVER tracked or autocrossed, have 'decent' tread on the rears (will measure in 32nds if you want) and better in front.

The cold traction with these tires is pitiful; once warm they settle in and seem fine, but I now understand that to be characteristic.

Entire matched set is yours for $180 if you want 'em. Just PM me if this works for you.

Otherwise JonB will do you right on new ones (whole gig will come to around $2k tires, shipped, mounted.)

Thanks. PM Sent!