GTS/ACR stock front fascia/splitter ride height

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm buying a new low-profile jack, and my dream is to get one that can go under the stock front fascia of my ACR without needing ramps. What's the clearance of the lowest point of the front fascia? I'm finding 5" for the general car, but links very from 2" to 4" for the splitter. Anyone know for sure?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just stuff hockey pucks in between your springs and DONK the car out then you can use any jack you'd like. Or be like the rest of the world and jack it from behind the front wheel.

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cept how low would your jack have to be when u actually need it the most(flat tire). thinking that clearance is gonna drop at least an inch

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of building air jacks built into the frame, 1 on either side in the front and one main in the rear but have not had time to formulate a plan. could just have a air chuck behind the front fascia and another one just below the rear. the would have a spring return as a failsafe when pressure dropped but would need cribbing or a lock of some sort once high enuf to remove the tire(s)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im confused... Why would you attempt to go under the facia when the jack points are on the sides of the car front/rear.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, you dont jack the car up from the front cross member or the oil pan! There are four jacking points on the car, take a look at the owners manual, if you still don't understand you can do a search here, there should be plenty of old threads on this. If your still lost I can take some picks and explain it to you.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of building air jacks built into the frame, 1 on either side in the front and one main in the rear but have not had time to formulate a plan. could just have a air chuck behind the front fascia and another one just below the rear. the would have a spring return as a failsafe when pressure dropped but would need cribbing or a lock of some sort once high enuf to remove the tire(s)

The factory race car has air jacks built into it. I was actually thinking of doing something like that, but it really requires you to hack up the frame a bit, something I'm not willing to do at this point. I asked the guys at Riley about the manufacturer of the jacks, they really aren't that costly in the scope of things. The cool part is that they have a C-shaped cut out in what looks like a mini jack stand that you slip into place after the jacks are engaged. I took a bunch of pics on my phone when I was at their shop. I want to say they only cost a few grand..........maybe 3K or so. By the way they use four jacks, not three.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacking from the rear rails can be done easily with a floor jack, jacking from the sides Is the preferred method......haven't seen anyone grab the rails from the front since the overhang will generally preclude slipping a floor jack In there......

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah. I'm coming from a Z06, so I didn't realize. I looked at the manual, and there it is, sure enough. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang