GTS Fuel Cap

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but it's been a LONG time since I've posted anything! Does anybody make an aftermarket gas cap/cover to replace the '60's style flipper cap on the GTS Coupe? I'm looking for something like you see on a crotch-rocket bike/airplane wing.

TANX!!!!!

:feedback:

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....."60's style flipper cap"

Sell the viper and buy the crotch-rocket.
No seriously though try asking over at the alley. :eater:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking for what is on the Gen III. Problem is Gen III cap (like sport bike caps) is flush with the boy so you are not going to get there from here. MGW is the Gen II bling gas cap of choice:

http://www.mgwltd.com/viper1.shtml

I went a different route and painted mine silver to match the body (along with the wheels).

You must be registered for see images

P.S. yes it IS a 60s style gas cap.

OP
OP
MQQNVPR

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK Overboost, I'll show my nubi-ness -- where is "at the alley"? My kid's already got the crotch-rocket (SV650S) that I haven't ridden yet.

Thanks Phoenix, but the MGW cap is too much like the stock cap. I've asked a couple of the aftermarket guys to tool up something in billet, but no takers so far.

P.S. How do I change my title from "Enthusiast" to "VCA Member"?

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Overboost, I'll show my nubi-ness -- where is "at the alley"? My kid's already got the crotch-rocket (SV650S) that I haven't ridden yet.

Thanks Phoenix, but the MGW cap is too much like the stock cap. I've asked a couple of the aftermarket guys to tool up something in billet, but no takers so far.

P.S. How do I change my title from "Enthusiast" to "VCA Member"?

Sorry...I was being mean. ;)
Don't mind the alley comment.

You could have a custom job done and have a body shop fill in and fit the RT/10 cap on it. The genlll cap is too curved to make it look right. There is always a way to change something.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
MQQNVPR

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problem O'boost. :D Being new to this I thought "alley" was another list somewhere I missed. Custom may be my only choice. Any leads?

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a different cap will be unique, but I love the one that's on there now. I had mine chromed and it made a big difference.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking for what is on the Gen III. Problem is Gen III cap (like sport bike caps) is flush with the boy so you are not going to get there from here. MGW is the Gen II bling gas cap of choice:

http://www.mgwltd.com/viper1.shtml

I went a different route and painted mine silver to match the body (along with the wheels).

You must be registered for see images

P.S. yes it IS a 60s style gas cap.

Hey PhonenixGTS...did you powder coat your gas cap or use a spray bomb?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey PhonenixGTS...did you powder coat your gas cap or use a spray bomb?
It is wet paint. First I tried clear coating the blasted cap with no color. Turned out awesome and would have looked great on a car of any other color, but it was super close to the silver color on the car but did not quite match, so I went with the same color as the car in wet paint on the cap and wheels. BTW, I did not sacrifice a cap in good condition. The clear coat on mine had gone bad so it was a good candidate for the idea.

OP
OP
MQQNVPR

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are Moon company spun aluminum full wheel covers. Moon has been around since the 60's (?) supplying lots of hot rod parts for the speed freaks -- wheel covers like mine, fluid tanks, and a whole catalog of goodies. There are stock wheels and center caps underneath, held on with button head screws. They kind of go with the ghost flames.

:drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte