GTS versus Shelby One At Car Show

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran into one of these guys at a local show here in SoCal (with a small peter complex). What are these guyss smoking to think that the Series 1 is a $225,000 car. I just read in a recent magazine that they are going for $140k. Is there something that I am missing (or do they have $70k worth of options)? The Series 1 performance is nice, but still doesn't touch the Vipers.

I will say that Shelby has definitely cleaned up the fit and finish of these cars since they were running the Aurora engines. Back then, they looked like very pooly built kit cars.

Brad

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These Shelby's do not come from factory with the SC (they could not make federal standards). The SC must be installed after delivery as an 'aftermarket accessory' - usually at an authorized dealer, but anyone who can install a SC can do it. Non SC Shelby's are well under $100k (a couple for sale in Autoweek). Say add $10-15k at most for the SC...

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Shelby Series 1 w/700 miles on it for a "Buy it now" price of $87K. For those who paid $145K in 99 for the priveledge of being 1st on the block to have one, SUCKERS!!!

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine has one, and it is definitely a cool car. He was lucky enough to be on the original list when the price was around $80k. Once Shelby started building them, the build cost shot up and the hype added even more. I put this in the same category as $230k 360 Spyders - ridiculous. Anyone that will pay that much over sticker has more money than common sense.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte