Hard Top Questions: Advise-opinions please

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the Autoform top, but I just drove back 700 miles after buying my car, and the regular hardtop worked good and I didn't have any noises.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want the best looks Richie, go with the Autoform top. It makes your RT/10 look like a GTS from the Front. The fit and finish are nice. If you do, make sure you get the door jamb rubber pads. They help block ALOT of moisture on rainy days.

The Autoform tops takes 2 ppl to take on and off, whereas the Mopar needs only one. I had a RT/10 and after seeing alot of diff. tops on other cars, I would buy the Autoform top again.

Thanks..

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out a similar thread "Double Bubble with a Scoop on Top".

It concerns the V-Mania hardtop, which is very nicely done and much easier to install than both the Mopar and Autoform tops.

It can also be had for about $2700.

Matt

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Autoform tops looks great , but if you want a factory one call Nancy Shanno ( Viper Acess. Mgr ) at 1-800-889-1893 and she can get you a factory top. Make sure you tell her you are a VCA member.

Autoform - (616)392-4909

SNK BIT in WA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an autoform top on my 94. I absolutely love the top. The looks, fit and finish are awesome. It is a must if you plan on taking the car to the track - the 3 inches of head room it adds is wonderful.
I seemed to have a more difficult time getting the windows to fit than some other owners on Gen I cars but Jerry and the rest of the crew at autoform were always there to assist me.
Now that I have the top and windows dialed in to fit my car it will extend my driving season alot...

The three selling points for me were:
1. double bubble GTS look - 3 inches of headroom.
2. extending down the window frame to the body - much more complete look.
3. wrap around the sports cap for one seamless look, not the sandwich effect of others.

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform's hardtop for 1997 - 2001 Viper RT/10's is actually $2,795.00. The hardtop for 1992 - 1996 Viper RT/10's is $3,795.00. Autoform is also the first Viper vendor to offer roof scoops as an option with their hardtops. Give them a call at (616)392-4909.

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the stock hardtop for my 1998. It fits well with the electric windows and is perfectly water tight. However it did rattle on rough roads. I added a "washer" on the front pins to eliminate the rattle. Check a picture "In my garage" on my web page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine