Hard tops Autoform vs Vipermania

fun94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to decied on a hard top for my 94. I an looking at either the Autoform or the Vipermania. I have not been able to see them on a car yet. Looking for +- to each.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform requires drilling holes - forget it!
The only holes you drill are under the the hood and those are for the locking mechanism. Drill them, put some silicone caulk in the holes, put the screws in and there you have it. No big deal. Right now, I feel it is the best top out there. Jeff Lemke is making a top right now that looks pretty good also. Only downside is you have to have Autoform windows. I absolutely LOVE my Autoform top! I have gotten a lot of compliments on my top from members of the Illinois VCA and the Minnesota VCA members.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my Autoform top! I have gotten a lot of compliments on my top from members of the Illinois VCA and the Minnesota VCA members.(so said duane)

we only said that so we wouldn't hurt your feelings.. :eek:

:D

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it was Jon B, not sure though, who told me the facts of life about Autoform tops. They cause eventual problems with water ingress in areas it's not supposed to be. Stick with non-Autoform, no holes drilled, tops.

JMHO, YMMV.

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend the Trunk Top that Jeff Lemke makes. I have one for my 1994 RT/10. It looks good and it will fit in your trunk when you take it off. It is great if you are driving along and want to take the top off. I drive 90% of the time with the top off, but it is a good insurance policy to have in the trunk in case you run into an unexpected rain shower.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with Autoform.

You have to drill a whopping 4 small holes into motor area, big deal...

3114DSCN2026-med.JPG

If you dont believe me, take the other tops to 160 MPH and see what happens. One of the best tops on the market. Very secure, looks great too. The neat thing about Autoform is that it wraps the A-pillars, looks a lot like GTS and keeps the water out. It gives more headroom (handy if you ever use helmet..)

3114Nov03_013-med.jpg

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
In my opinion, the Autoform top is the the only top that does NOT look like a Toupee slapped on as an afterthought. I can't imagine how/why the autoform top would cause a water leak. Here's a pic I saved from somewhere:

5122Autoform_HT.jpg

I am looking forward to the new "Trunktop" as mentioned above. My only concern is headroom - but I've been thinking about a seat lowering kit anyway. Also interested in the window fit and the cost. Currently have some Vmania windows - which hopefully can be modified to fit the new design. Here's the link to the new trunktop and VCA discussion: Coming Soon Post

5122trunktop.jpg

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to be sure that Vipermania isn't considered as one of those "other" tops???...ALL of our Tops have been speed tested to 175MPH,(190 for the SRT10). Our tops give you additional headroom as well as Custom windows if you choose. We also ship with a 100% money-back guarantee...I've got PLENTY in stock and ready to ship!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness