Has anyone dealt with...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Chan at Garage Automotive in San Francisco? I'm thinking of sending a check for some brake fluid and would like to know if anyone has had any bad experiences.

Thanks.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, you live in the heart of serious racing country. Why would you want to get something as mundane as brake fluid from somebody on the west coast?

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think so wouldn't ya Dean? It's the Castrol SRF stuff at a fair price. If there's anyone around here that sells it they haven't let me know. Jeeze, I must've called a dozen shops looking for Motul.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that post of his, $55/liter, wondering if it is only in liter containers? Seems you would open it to use some, and then the rest would be unsealed on the shelf...

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my car in to have the brakes bled and asked for Motul, they said they had never heard of it. They also said they called DC and were told they don't recommend Motul, so they used the stock brand.

Boiled the brake fluid on my third session at Thunderhill. Had Archer do the rest.

Brad

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get Motul at any Motorcycle Shop.

LOL Well, you should be able too. I called a least a half dozen before I found one that carried it. Easier to just send a check and have it delivered.

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck, if it makes you feel any more comfortable, I can ship COD. Also, you can check feedback on ebay, or just give me a ring down at the shop. Let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks. =)

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, there is a bike shop up the road from my house that sells Motul 600. You can order a case for something really cheap -- I forget the exact price, but it comes to something like $25/liter or quart or whatever size Motul comes in.

Personally I've been happy with el cheapo Valvoline so far. I read somewhere that Motul and Valoline are the exact same fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi