Hello All, New Owner Of '97 B/W Here

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All, New Owner Of \'97 B/W Here

I have been lurking here on this forum for some time, but I finally purchased my dreamcar, a 1997 Blue/White GTS. I have been a Corvette man for many years, drooling over the Viper, so I finally took the plunge..and I am EXTREMELY happy!!! I am in the east Tn. area, between Knoxville and Chattanooga, When I am not in the Viper, I will be on my 385HP Boss Hoss motorcycle. Yes..I AM a horsepower ****** like I see so many of you guys here are also. Here area couple of pics of my new pride and joy: The bottom pic is the Viper with my Boss (Wife) :cool:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hello All, New Owner Of \'97 B/W Here

Welcome, sweet asp ride, but, Iam partial to the paint scheme..

Does the Boss(wife) get to drive it also?

How did you come about your snake? do you know her history?

Enjoy,but Be careful with this ride, she will bite ya,we call it "snake bite"
that is when you nail it in 2nd gear and your not pointed straight....

Rick

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats and welcome to the family. Now time for MODS right? What do you plan on doing to her? Is she completely stock or does she already have mods?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< What do you plan on doing to her? Is she completely stock or does she already have mods? >>

ROTFLMAO - Either it is late, or my mind is really in the gutter tonight.. :D sorry... :smirk:

OP
OP
N

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HMm...well... :D The Viper I believe to be stock, except it looks like smooth tubes. The wife...well, she is not quite stock, modified about 2 years ago...(by far the best mod I have ever paid for)... :2tu:
I really don't know the history, but it is in exceptional shape with 19,500 miles (the Viper) :) I plan on driving the heck out of it though. I traded in a Corvette vert, and it was my work vehicle...so now I suppose I will be driving the Viper daily. I can't wait!!! Yes, the snake will bite hard if you want it to I found out! But I was prepared, and enjoyed the bite that time. I am used to the torque with the V8 bike, but the Vipers power for 4 wheels is absolutely amazing. Needless to say, I have a HUGE smile on my face driving now... :cool:
By the way Rick, I have tried to get the wifey to drive it, but she won't. I think she is afraid of it, and she is only 4'9", so she has a major problem reaching the clutch. She has a BMW Z3 5-speed, and I had to modify the brake and clutch pedals for her to easily drive it. But now, she is a master of the Beemer...(Maybe it is a GOOD thing she is afraid of the Viper? :headbang: )

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats and welcome to the family. Now time for MODS right? What do you plan on doing to her? Is she completely stock or does she already have mods?

She's perfect without mods. The GTS can use some TT's though. :D

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< Needless to say, I have a HUGE smile on my face driving now... >>

The neat part is - it never goes away, and believe it or not, only gets better over time. You will draw attention like you never imagined. You are now the life of the party. Attend functions when you can. The entire experience is like no other. The actual buying of the car is only a fraction of the total experience. The best is yet to come, trust me.

OP
OP
N

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A question guys. The original owner for some reason, seems to have kept the owners manual. Is there a place to get an owners manual for the '97, or maybe a reproduction manual?
I have noticed the attention, especially when people are asking me if they can take pics out on the road, and in parking lots. :cool: But the true smile appears when I am behind the wheel...from one of my ears to the other!

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am jealous....

If you don't mind, shoot me a PM with the miles and price you paid. Only if you don't mind, I am currently in the market for a 97. Thanks.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:

"She's perfect without mods. The GTS can use some TT's though."

The best of both worlds. :cool: Welcome :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A question guys. The original owner for some reason, seems to have kept the owners manual.

Awesome looking car and welcome to the family :2tu: ! Try Ebay for the owners manual. Be sure to read the description/sellers feedback. Some people have received xeroxed pages stapled together when they expected an original owners manual :shocked: You may also wanna get a service manual while you're at it. They have a good bit more detail than the owners manual and can really come in handy if you ever need technical information about your Snake.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats and Welcome Mike! :2tu:

I may be able to get you a little history on your new ride from DC's data base. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Always keep the "Boss" happy! :smirk:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! :2tu:

If you are going to Mod it. Headers & Exhaust 1st. Get that GTS sounding as Mean as it is! :headbang:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike
Try Snake-Oyl Products www.snakeoylproducts.com or 608-849-9878, I got my last owners manual from him, it was like factory issue..

BTW, my wife will not drive any of my Viper stuff, she has been in it when I got wild a couple of times, and now she will not get in the drivers side if I paid her....

My wife does want to take the motorcycle safety course though, she is wanting to ride my Harley on her own, I think women on bikes are awesome.

We have a local Bike builder that has built a bike with a chevy 502 ci power plant, it is brutal, and I want one.....

Rick

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife is 5'1 and has no problem reaching the clutch on my '96. She was not able to drive the '93. Since I put on the s/c, she's only driven it twice.

Congrats! B/W brother!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey, this is Adam....car still looks good! Even looks better next to that little hottie!

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score

:eek: :D :2tu: :headbang: ... Congrats.

OP
OP
N

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks everyone...the more I drive it, the bigger my grin gets, and the more miles I want to spend behind the wheel!!! I can see this is the place to come for Viper information! I have read this forum for a couple years now, and just want you all to know I appreciate your knowledge of them, and you have helped me greatly in picking out and purchasing my '97. I have learned MANY things from all of you..Thanks Again!
Mike

OP
OP
N

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, I have no idea who owned the '97, I purchased it at a Chrysler dealer near Atlanta. I need to do some research I suppose...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Ab, I have no idea who owned the '97, I purchased it at a Chrysler dealer near Atlanta. I need to do some research I suppose...

I am sorry, I got you mixed up with another person who bought a 1997 GTS from Eastern TN. The guy has the same name.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang