Help looking for 2008-2009 ACR

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fairly new to this forum;I used to own an C6 Z06 and now ready to jump up to a gen IV ACR. I was ready to buy a new 09 (all graphite with 2 dual red stripes) from baxter in NEB, but decided that I really want a two tone viper. Mainly looking for a graphite/black center band/driver's stripe car (baxter had a new 09 in the graphite/black/driver's stripe scheme, but it sold), but would also go for an 08-09 red/black center band/driver's stripe or a blue/black center band car. New would be nice, but not sure there are any left in the country, so used with low miles would be acceptable. Let me know if any of you are willing to get rid of yours, or if you happen catch one on the net that is available. If none of these come available, I may just settle for the all black with driver's stripe from baxter, if still available. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Already contacted Bernie, didn't know about Bill P. Thanks, I'll try an get in touch with him.

OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still searching; let me know if any of you want to get rid of or see an ACR listed for sale for the colors described above in my post. Thanks.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Tomball and Woodhouse still have ACR's. Both site supporters and extremely well regarded for their service and ethics. Bernie Katz is your guy at Tomball and Bill Pemberton is the guy at Woodhouse.

Both of them have some rare cars. Bernie has the Black/silver centerband and black/snakeskin green centerband. Bill has an uber rare Laguna Seca edition with the red black colors reversed and a bunch of snakeskin green ACRS as well as some unusual aero cars.

Any of those will be more rare than a black/red driver stripe or a graphite. And I really don't believe there is any advantage in an 09 any more as the incentive money is no longer available. Go for the 2010 with the improved wing and gearing.

http://viperexchange.com/2010-dodge-viper-new.php

https://woodhouse.com/results.htm?Make=Dodge&New-Used=&Model=Viper&x=25&y=13

OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I'd love to go ahead and grab a new 2010, except that I'm just looking for a better deal. I'm only 27, so I don't have a disposable income (yet!) and I like to leave some money off the table for investing. I've come to accept that I missed the boat on the new 09's (in the colors I'm looking for), so I figured I can just settle for a used ACR, even a 2010 if the price is right. Thanks for all of your input.

OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, guys not trying to spam here, but I usually get a pm or two every time I move the thread to the top. Still looking for mainly a graphite acr/black center band/driver's stripe or red/black center band/driver's stripe. Let me know if you are looking to sell yours, thanks!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An 1,100 mi. '09 red/black ACR sold on ebay over the weekend for $73K. If you didn't see it than you're not looking hard enough. If you saw it and didn't bid/win it then you're dreaming on price.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An 1,100 mi. '09 red/black ACR sold on ebay over the weekend for $73K. If you didn't see it than you're not looking hard enough. If you saw it and didn't bid/win it then you're dreaming on price.

That's insanely cheap. Yikes.
No reserve sale that fell flat?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, yeah, no reserve, bidding in first 2 days went to $70K, then stopped. Last day a few took it to $73K Someone got a great deal!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, had my eye on that one too. A 2010 Voodoo ACR with 800 miles sold for a BIN of 85k just hrs before the auction ended. Not a bad price on that one either IMO.

OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I saw it; I was watching it most of the day, but didn't put in any bids b/c it didn't have the driver's stripe. It was just a red w/black center band. Had it had a driver's stripe, I would've been all over it. But it was really tempting at that price--I couldn't believe the bid didnt shoot up in the final seconds! Kind of makes me want to wait for another deal at that price, but highly unlikely those circumstances will be in place again in the near future.

Yep, had my eye on that one too. A 2010 Voodoo ACR with 800 miles sold for a BIN of 85k just hrs before the auction ended. Not a bad price on that one either IMO.

Was watching that one as well--great price, but I don't really like the stripe on the voodoo edition and the extra graphics...

Last edited:

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it; I was watching it most of the day, but didn't put in any bids b/c it didn't have the driver's stripe.
$10k in savings will buy you a very nice driver's stripe, among other mods...

It always ***** to miss a fantastic deal. But it does mean that the opportunity exists... have your finger on the trigger if/when you get another shot at an ACR at or near that price. And pull the trigger.

Good luck with your purchase!

OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$10k in savings will buy you a very nice driver's stripe, among other mods...

It always ***** to miss a fantastic deal. But it does mean that the opportunity exists... have your finger on the trigger if/when you get another shot at an ACR at or near that price. And pull the trigger.

Good luck with your purchase!

You're probably right, but I'm just not a huge mod guy and that's a key option that would I like to have matching as it came from the factory. But financially, it would've made a lot more sense to just buy it and have a stripe added, as you said.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must agree with the others IF you are a serious buyer then you just missed out on the two best priced ACR's EVER!! Seriously you couldnt just buy a red with black band car for $10k under value and have a $200 red vinyl stripe added????? You sure you are a serious buyer??? Hell it wouldnt be the first time this forum has had a "serious buyer" Maybe Im way off here but Im just saying......

And in all respect I hope you get a Gen4 ACR. Id love to have one but Ill have to stick with my regular Gen 4 for know =-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must agree with the others IF you are a serious buyer then you just missed out on the two best priced ACR's EVER!! Seriously you couldnt just buy a red with black band car for $10k under value and have a $200 red vinyl stripe added????? You sure you are a serious buyer??? Hell it wouldnt be the first time this forum has had a "serious buyer" Maybe Im way off here but Im just saying......

And in all respect I hope you get a Gen4 ACR. Id love to have one but Ill have to stick with my regular Gen 4 for know =-)

Heh, believe me, I'm a serious buyer--I just don't think the original color of the car should be tampered with from the way it came from the factory. It can appear that it came that way from the factory nearly everyone that looks at it, but I feel like that is a "blemish on its resume" so to speak. For mod guys, it makes no difference, but I'm just not that type of person.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just have Prefix add the stripe. They did the "factory" striping and you would have it documented. You are talking of a rare automobile and may not be able to be so picky.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car would be MUCH more rare without the driver stripe. You passed on a pretty rare car. 2008 64 with stripe. 27 without, 2009 27 with stripe, 7 without. 2010 1 with stripe 2 without. So there are only 36 of those without stripe ever produced, vs. 92 with.
And originality would not be a problem if Prefix did the stripe. You may not know it but all cars with stripes or aero mods went to an outside supplier named Prefix, they added all the areo and did all the paint.
And I personally think after having spent a lot of time at Prefix that if the records are ever all analyzed that there will be many cars reflecting work done there that is not mentioned on the window sticker. Once the car got to prefix if an owner got an idea and he was willing to transport from Prefix rather than having it go back to the plant then he could add anything he wanted...for the appropriate cost of course. If the owner has the bills reflecting any work done there than the car will be judged as factory original is my bet. I know a a few already.
If a Yenko Nova went back to Yenko for more work, or a Motion Corvette went back to Motion they would still be judged original today.

There I have now predicted the future.
We're gonna have our comparables someday too, they will be called Prefix, Woodhouse, Roanoke, Tomball, DLM, Heffner, Underground and so on.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem pretty focused on a certain color scheme from the factory, which is completely understandable. Given your choices will be very few, you should jump on the first one available in the colors you want and forget about the budget. Waiting for the next one to become available maybe a long time. If your color choices were greater, you might be able to meet a budget number since there are more options available to you.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps also worth considering checking out a few alternative paint schemes in person. I had ZERO intentions to buy an SSG car until I saw my ACR in person. That might help you broaden your wish-list a little, and provide you with a few more opportunities to go after aggressively-priced cars...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4