help low tire light

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2003 srt10 took to dealer and had new module and sensor install and still would not go off,they call headquarter(Dodge) and talk to there tech and he said something is causing the module problems and the only way to fix it is to take one fuse out at a time drive the car,then do it until you find the problem.Have anyone else had this problem.Thank in advance.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Woodhouse and my local dealer, malfunction of this system is a very common problem and not just on Vipers. It can be from one or more sensors at the wheels being bad. This can be tested by letting some air out of each tire, one at a time of course, and then driving the car very carefully for about half a mile and seeing if any do not go to the next phase of warning. (First phase - light. Next phase blinking light and chime. Read your owner's manual)If it does not go to the next level of warning, the sensor may be bad. Have the sensor replaced and calibrated with the donut shaped magnet device at the dealer. If this does not work, the module is probably bad. If both do not work, something must be crosswired or shorted somewhere. Good luck. Please report back on what happens.

Bob

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disregard my prior post. Even though what I described is what was done at my dealer, Chuck says that it is not the appropriate way. The best way, per Chuck, is to let a Viper Tech skilled in the proper use of the DRB diagnose the problem. Per Chuck the DRB is capable of doing so when used by someone who fully undertsands how to use it. When Tator talks, people listen - even a SOF like me. Just think of this piece of knowledge as another Tator Chip for mental digestion.

OP
OP
T

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate the advice Bob, Chuck call my local tech and talk to him Friday .Car will go back in Monday and see if information given by Chuck will get the light to go off,Problem is that they don't see alot of viper here like Chuck does.Only 2 srt10 within 100 miles of this dealer.