HELP! Need Some Input Quickly

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made an agreement to purchase some used SRT wheels for my GTS on 1/28/05. The guy that contacted me about his wheels being for sale said he didn't think they would sell that quickly and that he needed some time to line up some wheels so he wouldn't be on blocks. I told him to let me know by the end of the weekend, 1/31/05. He contacted me and said that he would be able to get some and it was a go. Around 2/1 or 2/2 he contacted me and said that he wouldn't get his wheels until March. He said that he had a friend that was going to loan him the SRT wheels off his car to use until his new wheels arrived. Later he said that it would be easier for him if he sent his friend's wheels to me and left his on his car while he was getting some work done and while waiting on his wheels. Reluctantly I said yes, partially because I had heard good comments from several people on this site about this person and this person ensured me that they were perfect except for one small bit of curb rash for which he deducted $100 for me to get them fixed. The tires also had about 3K less miles on them. He received the cashier's check on 2/4 or 2/5. He said that he would have his friend's friend send the wheels & tires out as soon as he received the shipping labels that I had overnighted. The business that the friend worked at that was to ship the wheels & tires was not open on 2/5, but did receive the pre-paid labels on 2/7 @ 11:00am. I checked the tracking numbers several times over the next couple days and no sign of the packages. I called the person I paid for the wheels and he said that he would call and find out what happened. He called me back on 2/9 and said that the guy that was going to ship them took them to UPS and they would not accept them based on the way they were packaged. They told him how to package them and he was going to do as they suggested and bring them back to be shipped. This in itself scared me as well, wondering what condition they would be in when they arrived. I spoke with the guy I paid again on 2/10 and he assured me that they would go out the next day 2/11 because UPS came by this business and they would pick them up. I called the gentleman who was to ship the packages and he said that he was having some trouble getting them packed so that UPS would take them. He said that UPS would not take them from his business and that he would take them by UPS after work. I sent the guy I paid a PM and told him that if they did not go out on 2/11 that I wanted my money back. As of 8:30EST on 2/11 the packages had not been accepted by UPS. I have more than covered my end of the deal, but I still have no wheels & tires and I have since sold my wheels & tires and should receive payment in the next day or two. I guess that means I will be the one with my car on blocks because I will get my wheels& tires sent out promptly. The guy I paid seems like a good guy and has answered or returned all my calls, but I still do not have what I paid for. Am I wrong to request my money back?

Reaction score
You are not wrong. Name names....or PM me. Things DO come up, and people get behind....that is life. If the person has good references here, then I would tend to think there could be a missed communication. Can't hurt to be double, triply sure.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No *****, you're not wrong. Nice or not, the guy's screwing you around. I'd demand your money back or have the guy send you the original wheels -- get the third person out of the deal. Keep the pressure on the guy you to which you sent the money, that's who your contract is with. It's his obligation to deal with the third party and if he doesn't/hasn't done that in a satisfactory manner, then the contract is broken.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels are an easy part to ship and very UPS-able. If they were with tires it gets even easier, they don't have to be packaged, you just tape cardboard over the wheel area.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
*****, ask for your money back.
The agreement was broken when the seller substituted his friends wheels and tires for his.
I just sold (2) sets of SRT 10 wheels and tires.
UPS picks up at my plant all the time and has never refused a pick up unless it was over weight.
I would hope that if this person is a stand up guy, he would just go ahead and send you his original wheels and tires. Then he can deal with the logistics of getting his friends wheels and tires installed on his own car.
If you have trouble finding another set of SRT 10 wheels and tires, PM me I have a friend who is a HRE dealer and I will find out if he has another set of used OEM SRT 10 wheels and tires that he wants to sell.

On a side note, make sure you buy the shipping insurance!

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** you need to go on my 3 step program

1. relax.
2. quit complaining
3. they are going to be dropped off at the ups store today.

Due to the guy that is shipping your wheels extreme unable to focus on things that need to be done due to the fact he is whooped by a fat chick, i now have planted my foot firmly in his ass and things should be flowing smoothly now. I will strike land in louisiana on the 15'th and i assure you if he somehow doesnt get them out t-day he (and the title to him) will be put in a box with the wheels and shipped to you and you can have your way with him.

thx
cj

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CJ,

Excuse my ignorance, but who are you and how do you seem to know so much about this situation? Are you the owner of these wheels? As for your 3 step program, I will begin step 1 (relaxing) after I see the wheels in UPS's system and I view them myself to ensure that they have arrive unscathed. Once the wheels arrive and are in the condition promised, I will adhere to step 2 of your program and quit complaining. Until then, I feel I have every right to complain when I have paid for them and 5 days have gone by and they still have not been shipped.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the post was pretty damn funny. I like that 3 step program. ***** he is just trying to help make the situation a little easier.

You have every right to be irritated, but honestly (Flame suit is a check) it will not help the situation in the long run. I hope you're wheels HAVE been sent and this does get settled like it will. People need to remember two things in this modern day.

1) Take some G*D Dam* responsibility for you're actions.

2) Relearn Patience and save Humanity.

Yes, I am a philosopher and no I don't mind sharing my opinion behind a keyboard or not. Have a great day, and I'm ready for the Fire.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well keep on complaining then, but its not going to get you anywhere. It takes 2 to 4 weeks to cure a anal rash and thats a long time. 5 days isnt.

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure the Doctor told you it would take 2-4 weeks to get your rash cured. I am also sure that you would have called the Doctor if your rash had not healed in 4 weeks. I was told the wheels would be shipped out Monday, Tuesday at latest. It is now Saturday and still no package in UPS to track.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would ask for my money back if you are this upset over the situation. Is this someone on the boards? As for the 3 step program, 1. relaxing does help 2. you have every right to complain 3. even IF they are sent out today, you have a reason to be pissed if someone promised these things 5 days ago..... not everyone lives on a 5 day delay, some people actually ARE responsible enough to keep their word.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure the Doctor told you it would take 2-4 weeks to get your rash cured. I am also sure that you would have called the Doctor if your rash had not healed in 4 weeks. I was told the wheels would be shipped out Monday, Tuesday at latest. It is now Saturday and still no package in UPS to track.

I just made a call to the person who was shipping them and they were dropped off at the ups store friday afternoon.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels just come in today from ***** and I have to say *****, your a stand up guy. Wheels arrived in perfect condition just like you said they were, and packed overly protected.
Thank you *****. It was a pleasure doing business with you