Help! Question regarding tail/brake/backup lights

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed recently that my right turn signal was only working intermittently. Then I noticed that only one reverse light was working (same side). Then yesterday, someone pointed out to me that my brake light wasn't working on that side.
This AM, I took the lights out, and checked the bulbs. Looked good. I then took the "good" side apart, and tried those bulbs on the "bad" side. Same problem. Took the "bad" bulbs, and tested them in the "good" side. Bulbs are fine. Tried using the known good sockets in the "bad" side, and they still don't work.
I did not turn on the lights or running lights. Obviously wasn't thinking.
Any suggestions? Is there a fuse that runs just one side of the rear lights? Hopefully not a wiring issue.
Thanks!
M

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time I looked at the wiring schematic, the backup lights came from a single point from the transmission and then "Y" out to the lights. I would probe the sockets from power to ground, if you have power, then there is a bad ground.

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am officially a bonehead. Checked voltage - none. Checked wiring. Had to go back about - oh, 1 foot - to find a connector partially loose. Fixed!
Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte