Hid Xenon, Real Lights Numbers???

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone here knows the REAL numbers on the lights in our cars...im CONFUSED NOW... LOW BEAM is it 9005 or 9006??, HIGH BEAM is it 9006, 9005, or 9011??? and FOG LIGHTS what are they?? the MANUAL its WRONG!!! and whats BEST im trying to put xenon lights but dont know which ones?? 6 k, 8 k, 10 k, or 12 k??? wich ones for low and wich ones for high?, and also for fog lights wich ones are good? Thanks..:dunno:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9005 Low ---- 9005 High ---- H3 Fog

I went with 6000K Lows, and 3000K Fogs. The contrast between the slight blue lows and yellow fogs has a nice racing look from the outside, and looks great on the road. No need to do the Highs as once you upgrade the others to HID's you'll never need the highs.(also, fnding a place for the High&Low ballasts would be a pita)

you can use this website to see the diff in Kelvin/Color
6000k Xenon HID Conversion Kits

These are the HID's that i am using (35w version), they were 70bucks when i bought them a year ago, now 50 each: Apexcone 35W/55W Full Size Ballast HID Kit
you can also get slimline ballasts off that same site that would prob fit in your headlight assembly but i didnt go with em as they dont seem to have the same technology as the full size ballasts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help and i will look for them... its a good idea to get the low and fog only...