Holy crap! ACR-X (deserves a new thread)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying the same. Frank Barba bailed on me after I was sure he would co-sign a loan. Now I'm back to square one.

Chuck....I too am scrambling for funds. I want to trade for an ACR X...I will take the 20K gamble.
I sent in my paperwork...Hoping i can either move a car or save 90K before it is built...

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Martin. Dick did not say that the regular ACRs will have forged pistons. Remember. I was asking him about the differences between the regular ACR and the ACRX. Also note that the ACRX comes with headers. Since there is going to be a dedicated racing series for ACRXs, I would be surprised if any mods are allowed on the car for purposes of competing in the series. Each race will be a battle among the suspension tune, tire selection, air pressure and who is the best driver.

I know - it's just interesting to see things play out over time. Back when I heard these 'rumors', the ACR-X wasn't even a glimmer in anyone's eye yet - so when I heard some of these things, the first thing I assumed was that they'd go into all ACRs. Now that we have the ACR-X in production, some of these other items (forged pistons, headers) make a lot more sense. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they're going to release some of the 'other stuff' in a final ACR edition - at least that would make sense to me. Go out with a big bang.

I have to admit that when I heard of the 0.80 fifth gear ratio on the '10 models, I almost fell out of my seat. A friend forwarded me a power point presentation that he got from some marketing people (back in August '09) that had the 0.80 ratio highlighted as an enhancement that resulted from the experience at the 'Ring. I REALLY wish they did that for '09 cars...

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I have to admit that when I heard of the 0.80 fifth gear ratio on the '10 models, I almost fell out of my seat. A friend forwarded me a power point presentation that he got from some marketing people (back in August '09) that had the 0.80 ratio highlighted as an enhancement that resulted from the experience at the 'Ring. I REALLY wish they did that for '09 cars..."

On the three road courses I have had my ACR on- Infinion, Thunderhill and Laguna, I have never used 5th gear. So not sure how big a deal that is unless you are changing rear end ratios.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A lower 5th gear ratio helps at the "roval" type tracks, where you would run 1/2 of the high speed oval, then dive into the infield.

We ran Fontana this weekend and I would have loved a lower 5th gear.

Dan

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I have to admit that when I heard of the 0.80 fifth gear ratio on the '10 models, I almost fell out of my seat. A friend forwarded me a power point presentation that he got from some marketing people (back in August '09) that had the 0.80 ratio highlighted as an enhancement that resulted from the experience at the 'Ring. I REALLY wish they did that for '09 cars..."

On the three road courses I have had my ACR on- Infinion, Thunderhill and Laguna, I have never used 5th gear. So not sure how big a deal that is unless you are changing rear end ratios.

The 08-09 car is basically a 4 speed at the track because 5th is so tall. I grabbed 5th at Miller and Sebring. I could grab 5th at Putnam and Mid-Ohio if it was usable--I have to go a ways in 4th at redline at both tracks. Remember, you can easily shift at about 5500 rpm due to the torque so that extra gear will make you faster. It isn't that big a deal to change a gear in the tranny, and I heard the Aston tranny works well with the Gen 4 motor.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as a note of comparison, last weekend SCCA ran at Sebring, the GT1 cars were running in the 2:10 range... So if the ACR-X was running 2:06's it would have run away from the GT1 cars... wow, just wow!!!

You have a gen 4 plus vs. gen 3 engine though .. no?