hood emblems

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to throw it out there---I ordered new side hood emblems for my car from the local Dodge dealership and they messed up and not only ordered them in silver, they ordered 3 sets. I guess these are made to order, so they can't send them back. They told me if I knew anyone who wanted them, they would make a sweet deal pricewise. If interested, PM me and I'll give you the dealer info. Art

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, these are silver. E-Bay has chrome vinyl ones for I think $75.00 per side. They are expensive from the dealership. I paid $350.00 for both sides, but they are the factory ones that match the paint on my car.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in a "Pic" also.
Not to appear dense (probably more opt to be having one of the those "Senior Moments"); but I'm confused on just exactly what a ( "Side" ) hood emblem is? Sounds both exotic and interesting....

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate Windows 7!!!!!!! I always have a difficult time downloading pictures. Anyway, the emblems are the ones on the sides of the hood (I guess you could call it the fender instead) behind the front wheels. They just say Viper GTS. The factory ones match the car color.

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 35

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aah. Now I understand. Makes perfect sense. Thanks. Interesting that they are made to order. $350.00. I appreciate mine a lot more now.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aah. Now I understand. Makes perfect sense. Thanks. Interesting that they are made to order. $350.00. I appreciate mine a lot more now.

Who said they are made to order? The OP said he guessed they are, as the dealer can't return them. My understanding is from my local dealer, as they have misordered parts for me before (their fault), is that the parts are not returnable to Mopar. Seriously doubt that badges are made to order these days. If it was a high volume item they would just wait for the next sale, but they screwed up, and are now looking for an out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang