1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. viperdrummer

viperdrummer Enthusiast

My $300K Ferrari 458 only has 570 HP and now you tell me the new Viper is just 640? When I get mine I am gonna give Fiat a piece of my mind as to both , damn it.

C'mon guys, we are beginning to look a bit dumb to our car enthusiast buddies. Carp about looks or this and that if you will, but to continually complain about a number without really knowing much about the performance is silly.

2. stranger355

stranger355 Enthusiast

^^^ Agreed. In reality, the only figures that will really matter in terms of the Viper's reputation will be it's track times. Given the improvements, I think things are looking good. Going to be more than one Gen 5 owner in VA. ;)

3. Red Snake

Red Snake Enthusiast

Most people who are complaining about the power have probably never driven anything with 640 hp. I just ignore them.

4. Moundir

Moundir Enthusiast

Actually quite the opposite, my 02 had 945 rwhp and my 08 is at 585 ;) and we are not complaining, it's more like whining and bitching :rolaugh:

5. swexlin

swexlin Viper Owner

Look, any light car with over 400 hp is fast, by anyone's standards. I can't use the 510 hp of my Gen 3..... let alone 600, let alone 640!

Heck, even a Gen 1 is still a very fast car, maybe not by the few tenths that modern cars in it's class are in, but still faster than most cars on the road!

I think the Gen 5 is a HIT in every way, if I could afford one, my order would already be in!

6. Allan

Allan Enthusiast

Regardless of horsepower, at the end of the day, a Viper is a VIPER:headbang:... and a mustang is still.....a mustang:smirk:

7. stingray23

stingray23 Enthusiast

since when is 640 hp not enough? some silly mofo's on this forum

8. elanderholm

elanderholm Enthusiast

This is the only forum where anyone is comparing the new viper to the new mustang. Everyone else knows it's no comparison. You would think viper owners should know best....guess not. There were 400+ comments on one of the jalopnik stories about the viper and not one person even mentioned mustang.

9. GTS1997

GTS1997 Viper Owner

Imagine the "WOODY" mustang owners would get if they knew Viper owners were the ones comparing Vipers to mustangs :no:

10. ACR steve

ACR steve Enthusiast

People forget about Power To Weight - weare very close to 5 lbs for every HP .......... That is insane for thestreet.... Guys talk about big HP on the street but they also barely can you ina straight line let alone on a back road. This car will have usable HP and at :usa:this extreme level..... LONG LIVE THE KING