Hot Laps at the Kentucky Speedway (pix)

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday we took a trip to the KY Speedway where they had a "drive the track" event. For spending $40 in the gift shop you got to do 3 laps around with a lead car at (the instructions say) 60mph. We went down with 4-Prowlers, 2-Vipers, 1-Cobra replica, 1-Lambo.

What a rush this was. The first time out the safety crew saw the cars we had and told us to be careful but we could push it a little. So we all ended up with max speeds of 100-130mph, even the Prowlers!

But it gets better. . . Since the crew were real car guys, they let us do some more laps while we had a friend in the infield film us all go around. Some of the crew got to ride in the cars. Ed with his red Prowler even let a couple guys drive his car around the track!!

If that wasn't great enough, then they let us on the track for some more pictures. We then though it would be a good idea for some rolling filming. So we gave the video camera to the crew in their safety truck and we went 3 abreast (2-Vipers and 1-Lambo) while chasing the truck for some real action footage.

I had a camera mounted in my passenger seat for some in car footage. I watched this tape and while it was cool to relive again, the feeling of speed was kind of lost with the in-car shots. I can't wait to get a copy of my friend's out of car and chase video, that should be really exciting.

Charlie with the '99 Lambo was really impressed with the Viper's power. Eventhough the Lambo has more HP, without the torque, it could not get up and go like the Viper! He also owns a '97 Blue with stripes RT.

I'll digitize some and post them on my website soon along with more pictures, but here are some to check out now:

You must be registered for see images attach

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the video of all of this is where??

Cheers,

Jay K.

That Lambo is Intense!!

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't say anything before Toby. This was organized with my Prowler group, but I could have invited you just the same. We always have a good time no matter who comes.

Next time is Nov. 8, (unless we reserve the track ourselves for a day.)

Video coming as soon as I can. I took some in car video and Larry took outside video that I'll get from him later this week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456