How can I get 600 rwhp from a Viper???

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to my website, check out everything, drool a while, then give me a call with your visa card!

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

The inexpensive alternative to superior power without compromising the driveability, reliability and VALUE of your collectable viper in its stock configuration.

620 RWHP @ 705 ft/lbs RWTQE (10.30's at over 137 mph)

Reaction score
The most useful performance mod is a software mod., our brain! To manage the full potential of a Viper's stock HP/Torque exceeds the driving ability of the vast majority. Take as many performance driving schools as necessary to get the feel for the cars balance. Continue performance training by doing Viper Days and other open track driving schools (best if you have an instructor ride with you). Repeat as much as necessary and or possible. I suggest Skip Barber, they offer great programs and their instructors are very good. VCA members get a 25% discount off the 2 day performance driving program and 10% off all other programs. A 450 hp Viper in the hands of a good driver is faster than 600 hp Viper in the hands of a novice. Many tuners and Viper techs can pump out 600HP without nitrous or compressed air. The list of major tuners is TNT, HMS, SVSI, Valaya Racing, Santa Monica Dodge, Caldwell Dev. Inc., as well as the other in this string. I like specifically Caldwell for internal work (porting polishing, pistons, rods, cam, etc.) because of their history building ORECA's engines. Many choices and likely most very good. Depends on who you like and what you want. For 600hp expect to spend 30k-40k. Then the half shafts and brakes must be put in balance to deal with the extra energy. And of course the brain must be reflashed to control the extra thrust and g forces.
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
Call Caldwell (760 598-6565) and tell them how many HP you want! They just finished a GENII with 635 on an engine (load) dyno without cats and 605 with cats. This engine had a mild cam and hydraulic lifters and stock throttle bodies. Want more HP change the cam and gain another 25 hp but drive ability will slip and emissions may get close, add the 10 throttle body set-up with a new engine controller and get another 80-100 ponies. It only takes money! To get to the first 600 HP is relatively cheap, the next 100 hp is another 30k unless you go with a stroker kit (more cost effective, not sure about durability). Almost forgot, performance driving schools may get you to the same place for less!

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbo, my LPE 542 makes 620 rwp,with cats and full ex. It cost
alot...to some,38K. Custom billet 4.250 crank, oliver rods, cut apart plenum, 7 lbs of alum.cut out of runners, bigger injs., stock injectors only flow 600 hp, all bigger valves, major porting, roller rockers, full ex, custom fab airboxes... beautiful workmanship, custom fuel rails, way big throttle bodies, cooling upgrades...big radiator, plus lots more stuff.....and a 24,000 mile warranty!!!!! Thats on an engine that I am supposed to beat on!!I got my $$$$ worth! It has the exact same shape power curve as stock....just a lot higher up. This is a surefire way to tell that all the components match! Good luck,Turbo Snake! GB3

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's the route I think I'm going to take, the most bang for the buck.

I just have to fit it in the budget.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang