how much HP can I get out of a 2000 GTS with a supercharger ?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much RWHP can I get out of my 00 GTS with cat-back exhaust and a supercharger ? Can I also spray it with a 50 or 75 shot on top of that ?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice toys in your signature!

The pistons are the problem due to the high top ring land. Doug at DLM has found a way to get around the problem to some extent - give him a call and he'll be able to advise how far you can go without replacing the pistons. Engine management will be critical - one bad dose of detonation with a blower and or NOS and "pop goes the weasel".

BTW - when analysing diff blower kits - ask about operating temps in climates similar to yours. Boosted engines that run very hot after a burst of full throttle - I'd wage a six pack they're detonating their heads off but inaudibly.... the only way to pick it up is via knock sensors. Those engines that get hot so quick will not live long unless they fix that problem by detuning or some other fix. Look for engine combos that stay in the healthy temp zones.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Precise tuning is the key with your cast pistons, piston temperature, detonation, etc. Doug tunes his cars VERY, VERY conservitavely, his main focus is longevity and not HP beleive it or not...

OK, I'm off my soapbox.

Be very careful...

Gerald

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Nice toys in your signature!

The pistons are the problem due to the high top ring land. Doug at DLM has found a way to get around the problem to some extent - give him a call and he'll be able to advise how far you can go without replacing the pistons. Engine management will be critical - one bad dose of detonation with a blower and or NOS and "pop goes the weasel".

BTW - when analysing diff blower kits - ask about operating temps in climates similar to yours. Boosted engines that run very hot after a burst of full throttle - I'd wage a six pack they're detonating their heads off but inaudibly.... the only way to pick it up is via knock sensors. Those engines that get hot so quick will not live long unless they fix that problem by detuning or some other fix. Look for engine combos that stay in the healthy temp zones.
TQ monster, are you referring to 2000 and up cars or just in general? Can you define the healthy temp. range you are referring to? thanks

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should wait on your purchase for a few months until some of the new EMS systems come out. Unless you go with say a Heffner or DLM kit you may be asking for problems with Paxtons poor design for fuel/ignition solution.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roe unit seems to be best out of the low budget kits, if you consider about 10k for about 600 rwhp low budget.

zosicks,

Send me an email I can tell you more, I dont want to get the fanatics involved in this conversation.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but the fanatics are on the loose! I have a Heffner S/C car (2000) that makes close to 850 rwhp. It has the best ET for a S/C-only car at 10.22 sec in the 1/4 mile (on pump gas). This record has stood for more than 6 months and will soon be shattered when I get my car back to the track.

Jason Heffner's system is the most cost-effective system out there for a super tuner package. It doesn't cost much more than the Roe package and comes completely tuned and ready to go.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have forged pistons. All I can say is that if you want wild HP and proven track results, you'll have to spend more than $7500.

If you want limited HP and track results that are less than world class, $7500 is a good starting point.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have forged pistons. All I can say is that if you want wild HP and proven track results, you'll have to spend more than $7500.

If you want limited HP and track results that are less than world class, $7500 is a good starting point.

Or to state it another way using the fastest actual times to date, the extra $10k buys you .26 in the 1/4. But that's of course a fanatical way to look at it.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See what I mean ;) .

As I said the DLM/Heffner and etc.. are the only properly done forced induction systems out there. Or in other words packages that cost 20k and more.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riverflyer - I was speaking in general. I'm not comfortable giving temp ranges as being "acceptable" - you need to talk to someone like DLM that can give you an acurate guide. Geralds post is on the money.

I understand Jason is also onto this matter too - just from other posts I've seen, but I know for sure that DLM is very particular on this point - its one key to long engine life.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or to state it another way using the fastest actual times to date, the extra $10k buys you .26 in the 1/4. But that's of course a fanatical way to look at it.

So true! I know a LOT of people that would pay $10K (and much more) to get .26 seconds more in the 1/4 mile. And the good news is my car is not topped out at 10.22 seconds.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought your car would be in the nines with that RWHP and torque.
If I can get 600 RWHP and dip in the 10's for 7500.00, I'll be happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine