How much of jump is fair in a C5 bracket race?

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigJim - VA 96GTS:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kid, did I mention you are a genius? I think your talent is lost on some of the over-serious drones here

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I keep telling everyone!

I'm thinking of getting my own Viper windbreaker and getting it personalized with a "Kid97GTS" embroidered script across the front and wearing it to the next VOI so I can meet all of my adoring fans - wouldn't hurt to have "Kung Fu Jim" riding shotgun, though.

OP
OP
K

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by illy:
I don't get it??? How it works here is you run a few times a figure out what your car is going to run then put something a bit faster than that on the window so you don't break out. Then when you line up, the tower enters the time and the tree starts counting down with the slower car going first and the difference being the difference in the times (I.E. a 14 second car goes 1 second before a 13 second car etc.). In essence you don't give them anything, it is based on dial in times in true bracket racing. If this is just a general question, I wouldn't give a C5 any lengths just incase it was a sleeper, never pays to get too cocky...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The uh, tower and ET timer weren't functioning (although I was worried that Smokey might be lurking with a functioning "timer"). Thus, I had to go with the car length method off the green.

OP
OP
K

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past weekend I had a chance to stop by my own NHRA sanctioned drag strip (READ: NO ILLEGAL KILL STORY) on the way to a VCA windbreaker meeting (don't ask - that's a whole other story). Just so happens a kid in a new C5 roadster dared to venture onto my track. We did a couple little roll-ons down the strip - enough to assert my dominance - and then we lined up at the staging area.

The C5 driver obviously had not partaken of the corvetteforum **** because he looked over and said, "I don't have a chance, do I?" This show of humility touched me, so I offered to give the humble C5 guy the drop and a car length (actually, I offered two car lengths, but lets not get silly). C5 guy says o.k., so we staged and the Christmas tree did its thing and Captain Tupperware launched with minimal wheelspin. I let him get a car length on me, then I launched and by the top of first gear I had caught and passed the Tupperware Titan. Still, C5 guy stayed cool and marveled at the power of the Viper in the post-race conversation.

Question is, how many car lengths would you give a C5, with the holeshot, to get a fair 1/4 run? Normally I go by one car length for every .1 in ET, which would yeild up to 10 car lengths or so, but do you think also allowing the C5 to hook and get those car lengths would be an extra advantage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang