How to use Launch Control

SCVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to the launch control feature - I still can't seem to do this well - seems like I can't release the clutch fast enough and smells like I'm burning the clutch more than tires... More practice I guess! Do you start in 1st or 2nd gear?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to the launch control feature - I still can't seem to do this well - seems like I can't release the clutch fast enough and smells like I'm burning the clutch more than tires... More practice I guess! Do you start in 1st or 2nd gear?

1st, just dump it, move your foot back as fast as you possibly can

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried it 3 times yesterday, and I was not succesfull.
Got alot of tire spin/ smoke each time and the car started to go sideways. Once floored I let go of the clutch within a second or two, do you have to wait longer or for a message to say it's ready ? I did not look at the cluster.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were not "IN" launch control, you probably did not go to WOT fast enough. That is not your fault there are some inherent problems with the current set-up.

IMHO SRT has to do the following:

A, Increase the allotted time from when you hit the Launch Control button till you go WOT.

B. If you go beyond that allotted time the prompt to enter launch control disappears.

C If you are successful in entering Launch Control, there is an indicator on the dash similar to the glowing snake.

D. Allow a manual preset selection of the amount of slip.

Tried it 3 times yesterday, and I was not succesfull.
Got alot of tire spin/ smoke each time and the car started to go sideways. Once floored I let go of the clutch within a second or two, do you have to wait longer or for a message to say it's ready ? I did not look at the cluster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4