How would you Know if your Vec is bad??

Pressured

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I drove my car last week and it ran perfect. Washed it before going home at a coin wash. I have done this same thing for two years. I go to drive my car today (week after washing) and it had a slight "machine gun" kind of sound to it. Just wasn't right. I went to see if a different card tune would clear it up and the Vec wouldn't read it. Just got the flashing red light. The light was the normal green when driving the car but it wouldn't read any of my cards. Tried cleaning the contacts on the Vec and got it to read the cards but the problem with the car remains.

I pulled the plugs and they were perfect. Even replaced the battery. No codes. Could the Vec be acting up?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wash my engine compartment often with no problem but the one time it got water in the vec, it wouldnt start. called tator and he told me to open the vec, hit it with compressed air and let it dry and then close it back up.

never had a problem since...try it, it cant hurt

G

grcforce327

Just send it to Sean to check and upgrade to a vec-3.Shouldn't take long! :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was this a vec2 or a vec3? Some of the 1st vec3's had a major issue where they would cause half the car (or all the car) to stop firing injectors... So if it is an early vec3, that could be it. Also, a connection could be messed up somewhere.

Do you have any friends with vec2's? If so, get them to come over and swap units for a whole 5 minutes. If your car runs properly swap back and then you know it is the vec. If it doesn't run right with either, then the problem is your car or your wiring.

Good luck!

JD

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo