Hurricane prepping the GTS

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as Earl approaches me here on the coast of North Carolina, I guess I will figure out what I need to do to prep the GTS for the winds. Actually, she should be pretty safe. When I built the house, they required I install a hurricane resistant garage door and windows. I'll put my cover on her in case one of the garage windows gets blown in. I'm about 19 miles from the ocean but only 6 miles from the bay so the winds have nothing to slow them down here. Oh, and it doesnt help being all of about 2 feet above sea level! Wish us luck!

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck. We narrowly escaped this one in N Fl.

Plywood the garage windows from the outside. No chance of flying glass that way.

:usa:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

God that's a sad sight to see :(

Just a thought, but you could always hire a ship freight container and lock the car in there, then bolt the container down to the ground?

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, board up those windows! I remember getting slammed with Hurricane Fran back in 96 when I was stationed at Seymour Johnson. That did alot of damage all over the place.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like the work of a tornado, not a hurricane. Hurricanes generally do not produce that type of damage.

Don't worry, that Viper will be up on Ebay soon I'm sure... "100% perfect condition, never wrecked, never smoked in, grandmother only used it once or twice for Bingo night... and definately NEVER tracked..."

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like the work of a tornado, not a hurricane. Hurricanes generally do not produce that type of damage.

Don't worry, that Viper will be up on Ebay soon I'm sure... "100% perfect condition, never wrecked, never smoked in, grandmother only used it once or twice for Bingo night... and definately NEVER tracked..."

You obviously dont live in an area that gets hit by serious hurricanes. 150mph wind gusts will do that much plus more damage. Some of my fellow first responders said they saw vehicles in trees in the wake of Katrina.

Last edited:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earl was a joke. It was too far off coast to do any damage. Max wind gust was below 40mph. My neighborhood did not feel any extra wind then a normal day and I live close to the water.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You obviously dont live in an area that gets hit by serious hurricanes. 150mph wind gusts will do that much plus more damage. Some of my fellow first responders said they saw vehicles in trees in the wake of Katrina.

You beat me to it. Someone definitely has been misinformed. Being from New Orleans and still owning property there plus surviving Ike a couple of years ago makes me fully aware of what hurricanes can do.

The only good thing about a tornado is that it won't wipe out an entire city.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte