I am ready to buy a coupe!.....but where?

Ronald L. Cypher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am ready to buy a blue coupe with white stripes. Where do you suggest I find one new for the best price? I have an SRT convertible with 7K miles to sell. Thanks for your suggestions!

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pemberton!! I've never bought out of state before but this transaction was easier than going down to my local dealer. Bills a ****!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of yesterday, here are a few cars that I found:

Private Seller
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe in Blue (Optional Wheels)
1,800 Miles
VIN #1B3JZ69Z86V101136
Asking Price: $69,900
MSRP: $88,295
619-246-5207

Childre Chrysler Dodge Jeep Inc.
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe in Blue with White Stripes (Optional Wheels)
5,730 Miles
VIN #1B3JZ69ZX6V100375
Asking Price: $66,880
MSRP: $91,295
478-452-5535 OR 888-452-5535

Private Seller
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe in Blue with Silver Stripes (Copperhead Wheels)
2,200 Miles
VIN #1B3JZ69Z66V100695
Asking Price: $72,000
MSRP: $90,595
EBAY AUCTION #270028588346

Snake Bite Performance Inc
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe in Blue with Silver Stripes (Copperhead Wheels)
3,265 Miles
VIN #N/A
Asking Price: $73,000
513-738-4000

------------------

Sent This PM last month to a few members; might be one still available:

Ringgold Dodge
2006 Coupe in Blue (First Edition)
10 Miles
VIN #1B3JZ69Z26V100824
Asking Price: $81,295

Allan Samuels Dodge
4 Miles
VIN #1B3JZ69Z96V100898
Asking Price: $83,661

AML Motors Inc
2,024 Miles
VIN #1B3JZ69Z46V100436
Asking Price: $76,950
Ask For Gary: (866)455-3145

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill P. just happens to have 1 blue/silver coupe at his store.
Drop him an e-mail, I'm sure he'll be more then happy to hear from you.
[email protected]

*EDIT*
Oops, I just realized you were looking for blue/white. I maybe wrong, but I don't think you will find a NEW blue/white coupe anywhere in the country.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Roanoke Motors. One of the biggest Viper dealers in the country with great people and great service. They are a sponsor on here. Actually I think I saw a blue coupe when I was there today. Give John or Denny a call.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Roanoke Motors. One of the biggest Viper dealers in the country with great people and great service. They are a sponsor on here. Actually I think I saw a blue coupe when I was there today. Give John or Denny a call.

Definately try Roanoke Motors. Give John Gastman or Dennis Rocke a call at 888-357-7171 or check out their website at www.romocoinc.com at least. They definately gave me the best deal on my last two vipers.

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you buy from Roanoke Motors you deal with the owner John and I have to say he was the most honest and the nicest guy in the entire car business and surely the Vipers.

You should 100% call him first and if we does not have the car you want he can find it and give you a great deal.

I just bought a new 06 slate/silver coupe and he took great care of me.

Good Luck

OrthoD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for Bill Pemberton from Woodhouse. Just got mine and got a great deal delivered to my door in one week

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll give you 2. John at Roanoke...has sold me waaaayyy too many Vipers for 14 years now.....and in the South...Mike at Ringgold Dodge. The best prices in the USA come from these 2 dealers. But I don't think you could lose at Woodhouse either...all great dealers.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another plug for Mike at Ringgold 706-935-2328. My next viper arives saturday.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having personally dealt with Bill P. (regarding possible purchase) and John G. (as driving instructor), I believe they're both top notch. I would not purchase based on price, but on reputation. Supporting those who support the Viper community benefits us all. Have fun w/ your search - let us know what you decide.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you buy from Roanoke Motors you deal with the owner John and I have to say he was the most honest and the nicest guy in the entire car business and surely the Vipers.

You should 100% call him first and if we does not have the car you want he can find it and give you a great deal.

Good Luck

i just saw one or two coupes there the other day in fact! :eek:

7911roanoke.jpg

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Luck

i just saw one or two coupes there the other day in fact! :eek:

7911roanoke.jpg

They better lower prices...

Looks like the inventory protection program!

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill at Woodhouse. will deliver right to your door. Besides, Woodhouse needs the money to pay for all that Viper racing in the World Challenge. - Go Bob Go!!

K

Kaya

If you feel like coming to the New Orleans area, I have a new Slate vert and a new Blue with Silver stripes coupe at my work. Way under invoice, too.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did they make a ton of blues? It seems everyone on this board has one and everywhere you look there's one for sale. In contrast, there is rarely a bumblebee for sale and I can't remember ever seeing a member post a pic of their red/silver.

Of course, they all look great, but it seems a bit overwhelming about the blue.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can no longer endorse 2 of the dealers (bought several new and one used vehicle from one of them) mentioned in this thread. After buying a used SRT vehicle from one of the dealers listed in this thread the motor blew on the dyno while in the hands of another dealer who was checking the truck over and ensuring the tune on the Paxton was ok while also installing an upgraded clutch/flywheel. Of course each dealer blamed the other for the motor letting go and I was stuck in the middle. I didnt even put 30 miles on the truck and the motor let go.

I wont get into details but it cost me $16,500 that I didnt have to get another Viper motor (used) and re-installation of the Paxton supercharger. This doesnt include the $3500 I planned on spending for the flywheel/clutch upgrade.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw that out. If I were looking for another Viper I'd want both the good and the bad. This whole experience has really tainted my view of them, so much that I'll never buy a vehicle from either again.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can no longer endorse 2 of the dealers (bought several new and one used vehicle from one of them) mentioned in this thread. After buying a used SRT vehicle from one of the dealers listed in this thread the motor blew on the dyno while in the hands of another dealer who was checking the truck over and ensuring the tune on the Paxton was ok while also installing an upgraded clutch/flywheel. Of course each dealer blamed the other for the motor letting go and I was stuck in the middle. I didnt even put 30 miles on the truck and the motor let go.

I wont get into details but it cost me $16,500 that I didnt have to get another Viper motor (used) and re-installation of the Paxton supercharger. This doesnt include the $3500 I planned on spending for the flywheel/clutch upgrade.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw that out. If I were looking for another Viper I'd want both the good and the bad. This whole experience has really tainted my view of them, so much that I'll never buy a vehicle from either again.

that ***** Dave, I remember when you bought that truck, I believe it was about the same time I bought my Blue with silver stripe coupe here In utah. There is a local guy here in Provo who have blown 2 motors due to the paxton. He has fianlly wised up and the 3rd motor will stay NA.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well....ill add to this.
i dealt with a certain dealer mentioned heavily on this board and he never got back to me with a price for my trade.
i figure maybe he didnt want it....i dont know. i dealt with another dealer mentioned on this board, same thing. dealt with one independent of this board, same thing.
i wound up buying a 2006 used zo6.
i figure ill get the "upgraded" viper if and when it comes out or get a used 06 coupe when they are a bit more plentiful and i can deal locally.
i think the dealers just want cash deals apparently.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
well....ill add to this.
i dealt with a certain dealer mentioned heavily on this board and he never got back to me with a price for my trade.
i figure maybe he didnt want it....i dont know. i dealt with another dealer mentioned on this board, same thing. dealt with one independent of this board, same thing.
i wound up buying a 2006 used zo6.
i figure ill get the "upgraded" viper if and when it comes out or get a used 06 coupe when they are a bit more plentiful and i can deal locally.
i think the dealers just want cash deals apparently.

What was your trade, a Pinto? that is weird, because dealers are in the business of making money just like all of us. Therefore if they can receive a trade-in that they can move pretty fast and make at least some money off of it they will.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i offered different trades to different dealers. depending on my mood.
to 2 of the dealers i offered my fully loaded h3.
to another, i offered my elise.
i wound up trading in my 99 cobra.
so....uhhhh, no, no pinto trades here.
most would consider these nice vehicles.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no biggie though....i really wanted the viper with the "rumored" upgraded drivetrain.
ive driven the the 06 viper and z back to back on 2 ocassions.
i think the viper is the "cooler" car and ill leave it at that.
hey, if salesmen dont wanna give me the time of day, i have no problems shopping elsewhere or buying a different product where me and my money are appreciated.
as far as i was concerned, i was getting a great car either way.
ill still wind up with a viper, as i love those too, so go easy with the ******..:)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
i offered different trades to different dealers. depending on my mood.
to 2 of the dealers i offered my fully loaded h3.
to another, i offered my elise.
i wound up trading in my 99 cobra.
so....uhhhh, no, no pinto trades here.
most would consider these nice vehicles.

With the exception of the Elise (nice but hard to sell), and specially the H3 I do not see why those morons wouldn't take your trade in... oh well, their loss.

Wait, yours too... you got a Z06!

;)

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont think its a question of not wanting to take my trade as much as just poor salesmanship.
if ya dont want my trade, fine. just tell me. i sent pics, etc, i would be told "we'll put something together and get back to you." that would be it. no call backs, no nothing. i shouldnt have to chase people so they can take my money..:)
about the elise, agreed. not the easiest car to sell. but neither is the viper. (no slam, just price alone makes it rather exclusive and harder to sell than say a neon.) at least the elise is a 35k dollar hard to sell car on the lot rather than an 80k dollar car sitting on the lot.
anyway, if i really wanted the viper i would have one. i just wanted to share what i experienced from 4 different dodge dealers.
so basically i found a used z had my cobra with me and we dealed. i still love the viper and i will have one.
haha, i knew i would get some shiite for buying the z....
all in good fun.
btw....i figure next fall there will be a lot of great deals on 06 coupes. ill take another look then if not sooner. STILL waiting for news on the 08!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte