I AM SO FREAKIN MAD LAWYERS NEED YOUR HELP

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These guys in Chesterfield want full sticker for their '04 SRT-10. I told them good luck when the Internet is full of 04's and '03's well below $80K. I just wanted to support the local economy but will purchase outside the state as I did my other 3 Vipers.

RON98GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, you guys sure are rough on car/truck dealers. Havent any of you guys had a good experience with a salesperson/dealership? This guy just happen to have bumped in to a goofball salesguy who was going to try to snag the trade for himself most likely. Should have asked to speak with a salesmanager. Always skip the salesguy, especially when your are "ready" to make a purchase. Trust me, the sales manager will be happy to give you a deal and help you out without passing you off to a sales person (they care more about moving a unit rather than holding gross). Especially towards the end of the month or model year.
Next time you guys get your ******* in a bunch over some goof ball salesman, throw an email my way and I will tell you what the deal is. Good or bad. No charge!! LOL!

RON98GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well without a true observation, I will be speculating on the actual condition of the car. If it was a real deal venom 550 with absolutely no prior body damage or paint work and had good rubber, clean interior and 40k miles, I would say the car would be worth in the mid upper 20's with a retail of very low 30's. The 40k really shoots that car in the foot. Now, we dont know if he just wondered in and asked for an apraisal or actually showed serious interest in the 04 SRT. If he just went in and asked for an appraisal just for the sake of getting an "idea" of seeing what it is worth, then I understand throwing a low ball figure at the guy. It does not benefit the dealership to just appraise the car. They wont have any idea what it is worth and will be calling wholesalers who dont have a clue either. As far as they are concerned its a "modified" car and has no appeal to a retail dealership. Unless you are at a Viper specializing dealership, I would never entertain the thought of trading in a viper (modified or not) at any dealership (you cant get mad at them for not understanding our cars)
Also, keep in mind that a dealer appraises a car like this and has to keep in mind that the brakes might be shot, the clutch might be shot, trans might be grinding and so on. So in closing, you have a guy appraising a car that appraises neon's all day and doesnt have a clue, so rather than make a several thousand dollar mistake for the dealership, he plays it safe and low balls the car. Hope that clears up a little bit. Any other car dealer questions, let me know.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's about what I thought.
So he's getting all worked up over what turns out to be a reasonable offer for his car.
He thinks he's being "dissed" when, in reality, he just has delusions about the real value of his car to a dealer.