I drove the Roe supercharger

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not going to use boring clichés like “the boost is gradual and melodic” or “the installation is simple and straight forward.”

Plainly speaking, it feels like a 600+ HP Viper should. Fast! You feel the boost kick in and it scoots. It’s a bolt on piece that can be ready by Saturday night to finish off that remaining 2%.

Sean started the install Saturday morning, completed by 3pm and drove it 1-½ hours to Aswin’s party in time to witness my grand arrival. He tossed me the keys and I broke it in for him, motor, supercharger and tires. There are no “Gandy Bridges” in Daytona but amidst the screams from some on-looking locals, I was able to go through third, which was enough to convince me to volunteer my services at any dragstrip of Sean’s choosing.

Now, before comparisons are made between Roe and Levin, it must be said that Roe and Levin are catering to two different markets.

The Roe supercharger is for the Viperholic that enjoys making their own mods and wants to put away the N2O/Supercharged/Nitto Camaros and Mustangs that make up the aforementioned percentage.

Levin is for those who want to annihilate the world. Nuff, said.

Thanks Sean and good job. Looking forward to more runs if you'll let me. I’ll be easier on the tires next time.

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear that Roe's supercharger performed well! Of all the supercharger setups for the Viper that I've seen, Roe's is the only one which uses a positive displacement compressor. Lots of torque at low RPM! It's also the only one which mounts it's compressor behind the throttle bodies. The advantage is that during normal cruise, the compressor is spinning in partial vacuum -- generating very little drag and heat. Other systems put the compressors ahead of the throttle bodies, uselessly compressing the air up against the throttle bodies as well as heating the air.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that superchargers or turbos are compressing air at normal cruise, and if they are not compressing they are not heating the air. They both have some sort of bypass,wastegate,whatever so that under normal driving they are not compressing.