I got OWNED, DUPED and SCHOOLED..........

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.......and it didn’t really matter because I had an awesome weekend!!!

Always have a nice breakfast before going on the road. Jeff, Scott, Sr. and Mary getting ready to leave for Ohio.

You must be registered for see images

Best 2 days of racing in a long time. The weather, the people and the overall event was fantastic. Big thanks goes out to Jeff (SVS head Viper Tech) Scott for his support always going to our racing events, The “tooth” for letting me use his Viper, Mary for her beautiful personality and support, and SR for being the funny ass guy he is, always trying to keep me in line.

Most importantly I want to thank Dave Boggs, his wife ( I don’t know her name ) and everyone that helps to put the V10 Nationals in working order. Everyone works very hard and as the series grows I’m sure they will get to enjoy themselves even more as things fall into place and more owners support their great effort.

Thanks to the Ohio VCA and everyone that worked/supported having the autocross at the track. Having more things to participate in at the event really elevates the excitement. Being coupled with the King of Columbus shootout on Friday and the NEO Nats on Sat brought in big crowds. For all who missed the Bikini girls in PERSON.....hmmmmm yummy.....Ohhhh so yummy.

Joking/laughing/discussing racing and competing with so many new faces to the names, definitely gave the feeling of a combined family of great people that shared in a common bond......The passion to enjoy their Vipers!!!

I GOT OWNED………

Friday night King of Columbus Shootout / 10.5 inch tire class:

The fact that I have never ran a pro tree at the drag strip or raced the qtr. mile with a large crowd watching was a little intimidating for me. Basically it’s my inexperience in drag racing that buzzed my confidence level. I had no idea what to expect. I always go in thinking to win, but we were definitely outclassed. In the first round we qualified 5th with a 9.35 @ 146mph and when I was at the line I think I blinked and don’t remember the lights going off on the tree. The 10 inch slicks we were running didn’t have good traction or much stability whatsoever so the car was all over the track. At one point I think I almost took out the timing equipment at mid track during eliminations.

Second round qualifying we ran a 9.47 @ 146mph and ended up making it to eliminations with a 7th place slot. My confidence was higher but my reaction times weren’t getting better. We wanted to test a new CRY O2 system that we placed on the Stryker but we messed around with it at the shop and didn’t have any Co2 left in our first bottle and wanted to save the other bottle for the V10 Nats Saturday.

King of Columbus Qualifying

1st round eliminations we were up against the No.2 qualifier who was running consistent low 8’s @ mid 150’s. My reaction time was better but I got owned.......great practice and learning experience at many levels. I’m not positive but I think first place took it with a high 7.

King of Columbus Eliminations

Cool Drag Bike

I DUPED MYSELF……

Saturday Autocross:

I want to thank a very good friend Paul “the tooth” Nicotra for driving his Viper the seven hour trip so I could participate in the autocross. Awesome friend that has everything I know in road course education coming his way the end of this month at Gingerman racetrack with the IL VCA Viper War. We brought a set of BBS wheels to run the autocross, but I didn’t think about the tires. They had 7 year old MXX3’s mounted on them and I couldn’t find the edge of the traction circle whatsoever. I didn’t figure it out until we got back to the shop. I ran a 43 (but wacked a cone) and I believe the best on street tires was a 42.2. Congrats to the winner (the big guy who entered the drifting contest in his SRT, doing donuts with his hands in air. It was hilarious and everybody loved it!) and to 1TONY1 who ran a 40 with DOT slicks (Hoosiers I think).

Autocross Vid

1TONY1 I want a chance to compete with you. Next time I will be prepared my Viper brother. Hey? I have some threaded rod and a couple nuts welded together if you need a shifter bolt.

Some more pics and Video:

I know it's rice but Kevin H. from U/R should appreciate the announcer in the background.......

Orange Rice at NEO Nats.

I GOT SCHOOLED……..

Saturday Pro Unlimited Class….with the O’ so wise and experienced Dr. Fudge...

The Pro unlimited class was comprised of the SVS Stryker TT and the All motor back halfed Viper of Dr. Tommy Fudge. In qualifying we took the first slot with a 9.28 @ 146.88mph and I felt confident because I was starting to get the hang of the pro tree.

Pro Unlimited Qualifying 9.28

Eliminations were a whole new mind game for me. I knew that Dr. Fudge knew that I knew I had to get to the line and stage before him. After qualifying the Doc was hanging out around our pits quite a bit picking my brain. I was giving him a little bit too much information about my procedures at the line. When we went up for eliminations the Doc was playing a good mind game with me and beat me to the staging and lit his first stage bulb. At the same time I was finishing my burnout and watching him beat me to the staging I thought in my head that I have to hurry up and stage both bulbs immediately, push in the trans brake, rev up the engine and launch. I immediately rushed up and lit both bulbs and put my foot on the brake and tried to stop the car, then I pushed in the trans brake. The Doc lit his second stage bulb, I left my foot on the brake, tried to rev the engine, the light went green, I let out the trans brake but still had my foot on the brake, I pushed the trans brake back in took my foot off the brake and by that time…….it was all over…..Man did I Fock up! I felt like when I played my first game of Texas Hold’em and made it all the way to the end while going ALL IN on the wrong hand and losing. Experience from the Doc outplayed the Rookie in a schooling lesson that humbled me. If it had to be that way from anyone I was happy that it happened and I learned from a great person like the Doc.

Pro Unlimited Eliminations

I took it in the Fudge, but it won’t happen again Tommy! ;)

I only made this face as a joke, but you would think this is the way I should feel after losing just about everything...... :D

C-everyone at the next race!