I have to laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Show us the time slip......thats my reply....then tell him to meet you at the track Joe, I am sure you can show him what a REAL 11.17 is and then some....

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
maybe i am better off not responding to stuff like this.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a GOOD IDEA
smile.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1badGTS: You know, I think if I were to have monitored your blood pressure when you were typing your replies, I would bet, that it would have been dangerously high.
You are absolutely right, I know nothing about cars, not a thing, drag racing, hmmmm isn't that a bunch of men dressed like women, that are in a race? Oh, and silly me, for the past few years that I have been on this discussion board, I've thought all along that this was the Martha Stewart Home Cooking Discussion Board that I was spending my time on.
The fact of the matter is, I have spent time at the dragstrips, I have tons of knowledge about cars, have done my fair share of drag racing, but the difference being, I drive my own cars to see just what they are capable of.
You don't seem to realize I am not claiming to be any expert, you just seem to thrive on confrontation, and it is way to easy to light a fire under you. I am simply stating numbers that I have been told. Take them for what you want. If he wants to bring his car to go up against your EXPENSIVE modded car, that's his business. Personally I could care less. Like I said in the previous thread, that you chose to bring down here, all I'm saying is that these cars are capable of alot, even without all the expensive mods, given the right setup, technique, and most importantly Driverthe true potential the car has is demonstrated.
Do yourself another favor and choose your words more carefully, they are bordering on extremely poor judgment.
example. Originally posted by 1bad gts
quote:
Anytime your friend wants to back up your mouth (with money) WE ARE READY TO ROLL.

I take exception to the implication.
Have yourself a nice day

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
PS (I Had to give on for JHOUSS) Viperess to educate you a little more the guy i have DRIVING my car is one of the best there is.That fact that you live in our area and dont know who Evan Smith is truely tells all about your drag racing knowledge.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
PSS. Listen my friend, learn to read more carefully. I am well aware who Evan Smith is, what I said was that not everyone needs expensive mods, or professional drivers to drive their cars to their fullest potential. That is what I said, nothing more, nothing less. I relayed numbers someone told me to add to the topic at the time, like I said, take them for what you will. Don't go getting yourself all crazy over stupidity. Any ***** on here knows the bottom line is that all is proved on the track, people can say whatever they want via a silly keyboard...so what is your point?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheesh man, give it a rest. You asked "How do other people handle a situation like this?" I'd reply a few times and then let it drop. It aint solutions for middle east peace, it's some benchtop racing.

Must be a N.Y./New Jersey thing.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Joe, I did some calculations and I think with 460 HP it is possible......work with me on this....A 3300 lb Viper.....Right? and 460 HP to the rear wheels...right?....and a 180 mile per hour tail wind.....Right?..hey 10 second machine in my book....LOL...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad,

Chill out... Vipers can run very quick. My friend ran an 11.69 in his car bone stock (on stock tires, at stock pressure), at 121mph. He drove my car and ran an 11.76 in it. I spent the rest of the year catching him - running an 11.80. I was at the zone event last year - were you there? Did we meet? If not, I would have liked to meet you, since I love to drag race. I ran an 11.68 at the zone event. At the time, my car had Claude Short smooth tubes - and I was running MXX3's that had 20k miles on them, and I had just driven there that morning from Boston, pulled on the track and ran 4 11's back-to-back.

It's all about track preparation. Englishtown is so sticky that if you wear sneakers, they're going to come off. Anyone who can run 120-121mph in a stock car is driving very well. I can't run an 11-second time at my track on just about any day, because they don't prep it. On a Sunday, I can launch at 3000rpm and feather the clutch, get a 1.65 short time, and click off an 11.6x.

I agree, 11.17 on pilots with only headers, filters and tubes is not gonna happen, nowhere, nohow. But I think low 11's are possible with a very possible in that same car with drag radials. Pilots are the biggest factor when the times start to hit the 11's. You just can't run too quick on them, because they don't give enough traction.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Finally! I knew there was some superior logic to your posts Joe! Yes! We will be back at Englishtown this year! .....and now, their new roadcourse will be included in the event!

All the info will be available shortly!

...oh, and just to keep Joe happy....

PS - Evan will run some rediculously low time in a stock Viper
PSS - Joe's car will be the fastest non-adder Viper on radials
PSSS - Joe will follow this post with 2000 more posts
PSSSS - They'll be plenty of PS's to Joe's posts

(just kidding Joe....we all love ya)

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would I respond? I would've said something like, That's the biggest bunch of crap that I've ever heard in my life! Or something like, That's about as far from impossible as you can get! I myself don't understand how someone who claims to have knowledge on the issue could post anything about such a ludicrous claim! You'd think that, said person w/ such knowledge, would've known it was a lie immediately. I'd prefer to "keep it real". I don't need another 'story'. I got told bedtime stories 26 years ago.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it's true that the Viper Club of America is comprised of a group of individuals who are passionate, and enthusiastic about their cars, the members of the VCA represent so much more. The VCA memebers are like a family, and like a family, they share many of the same values of a family. They care about, and are truly concerned about one another. But most importantly, they RESPECT eachother. The VCA members are a reflection of the fine automobile that they all love. Membership is composed of mnay different types of people, business people, those who are self employed, professionals, and people from various walks of life. The Viper Club of America Discussion Board is just one extension of the Viper Club of America. As far as discussions boards go, this is a "top shelf forum", which is moderated by several special Viper owners who look to keep the board nothing less than respectable. Although it is a public forum, and all are welcome to participate in it, the majority of members are those who own Vipers, and of these owners many are also members of the VCA. Having used this discussion board for a couple of years (this format and the previous one), in my opinion, from what I have observed, most users have no trouble following the guidelines. There are however a small number of individuals who choose not to follow the guidelines, and from what I have seen, they have been banned from being able to have any further use of the forum.
Joe,(1 bad GTS), you sem to fit into that small percentage. The perecentage that seems to have no regard. Perhaps it is because you have only been registered to use this board for a couple of months, that the rules are not clear to you. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, and will only be from your own doing, that you join the ranks of those "banned".
Or maybe it's that you just have some sort of "issue" with me personally. Perhaps for some reason it bothers you that I own and DRIVE 2 of these awesome cars, and had a 98 Viper before, and have owned numerous high performance cars over the years.
Whatever the issue is, that of course is your choice. You wouldn't be the first. It's a given that cars and racing, are mainly a male forum. I would like to think that I am and try to be always mindful of that, and respect that. Although you are not the first I have encountered with some kind of "chip on your shoulder" toward me, but I will say that you are the first that has been so disrespectful. In the past, whether a guy has a problem with it or not, they have fortunately always still remained respectful, that is until you. Why you continue to be obnoxious, inconsiderate, and extremely disrespectful in your responses is beyond my understanding.
I have to say, I was very amused when I saw you had taken just a piece of information from the thread where all this began, and opened a new topic with it in another area of the Discussion Board. You took one tiny piece of information, completely out of context, for your own satisfaction. I suppose it was because you weren't receiving much, if any support in the Discussion section which it was in. So you moved it down to this area, where I suppose you felt that you had a chance of 1 or 2 of your friends, to be your "cheerleaders". I think it would be fair to provide the link to the discussion this came out of, so that it would be more clear to those reading it. http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/008150.html
Differences Between 96-97 vs 99-01?
Because the information that I posted, as I CLEARLY STATED from the start, was obtained from someone else. I added it, because I thought it was interesting, and would add to the topic we were discussing. Being it was obviously "second hand" information, anyone with an ounce of common sense, would have taken it as just that, second hand information. True or not?? who knows. Possible or not?? who knows. Were those the only mods? who knows. It wasn't as if I stated I ran that time, that would have been a different story. What it is, is what someone else said to me, and the information they provided me about it.
But instead, for whatever reason, you took it as an opportunity to sarcastically, and disrespectfully personally attack me, which I won't tolerate from anyone.
I mentioned the time the car was said to have run, just ONCE! You on the other hand repeated it, over, and over, and over!!! not me, yet ask why I am repeating it?? Each time you comparing it to your expensive modified car's time, driven by someone else. I wasn't trashing your car. If that's the time your car ran 11.8, with all your mods, and a professional driver, so be it. That's great.
Perhaps when you are at your computer workbench, typing the words to your replies, maybe you could try to keep in mind that "real" people read them, and are affected by them.
PS. Changing your user name to Pitbull is not appropriate for you. You see, a Pitbull by definition, is fierce, strong, aggressive, and dominant, I think that name might better suit me. But don't worry, I, and some of the other memebers have another name for you, you just use your imagination.
PSS. By the way, do you like my signature, thought I'd save you some writing
smile.gif

PSSS. Have a nice weekend
smile.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please note I have corrected the car's time in my signature. Although, what your car ran was really not the purpose of my post, I do understand the importance of it to you.
Me, want you banned??, I never said that. I wouldn't want that, I'm honest enough to admit that occasionally your posts are quite informative, and quite honestly, the sheer entertainment value of your posts...well...that is Priceless!!
smile.gif

Errors, the only error I have made is in thinking that I could some how have an intelligent conversation with you.
"MOTERSPORTS"????????????

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could give a rats *ss about you being a women.If you were a man i would tell you the same thing &that is You simply are not EDUCATED enough in the MOTERSPORT of Drag Racing to separate fact from fiction.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the one good thing we can say about Joe is that at least he is consistent with his rudeness and disrespect...

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS BELIEVING a VIPER making 460 to the tires can run 11.17 on Pilots is the mark of true intelligence right Viperess.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everytime I see that it makes me laugh!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad, while Laura may have been too quick to relay information that she was given (and maybe too trusting) you continue to belittle her and insult her intelligence. That's not the way to settle this - its never been about the numbers - its been about your inability to let it rest. Then, you slam her again by saying that posting that "really shows a person's intelligence..." That's just rude.

A person that consistently misspells MOTOR is living in a really big glass house when it comes to knowledge about cars....

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I would love to come to Englishtown and watch your car run. The friend that drove ran an 11.76 in my car. I don't remember if I had the smooth tubes at that time or not. But it's the same car I ran an 11.68 in at Englishtown at the Zone event. I was running against other VCA members at the time. I know Don Nase Sr. saw the run - and you probably know him, so he can verify it
smile.gif
. I was running in the stock class, but they did allow the smooth tubes to be considered stock. We both know, however, that if I had stock tubes on the car, I still would have been quicker than 11.75, which would still be a record.

I will ask my friend Greg (who ran the 11.76) if he wants to come down. I belive he ran quicker than that even when he had his Viper. Right now he has a twin turbo Z06 done by Lingenfelter - maybe he'd run your Viper? He can never hook up around this way, and our track is closed already.

Maybe you should let me drive your car?
smile.gif
I've never met Evan Smith, but a few people have mentioned his name. I'd love to make a couple of runs in the same car he runs in - so we're on totally equal ground. I think I could match his times... (maybe I am too cocky?). If e-town is stickier than it was the day we went, I think I could run an 11.60 in a BONE stock car. Let me drive yours and I'll get it into the 10's, ok?
smile.gif
Just kidding... would be fun to try though. Let me know if/when you folks are going - I will do my best to show up, even if just to watch and meet you guys.

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
Myself and some of the other moderators are getting tired of removing your posts that are in poor taste and are insulting to a valued member of the VCA. LET IT DROP!!! I am closing this thread.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might not get Rave reviews but....I read the ENTIRE thread & I can't find one instance in which Joe (1Bad) was discourteous or impolite. I found that he articulated his views (and lets not forget, the correct views) great. Just listening to the guy it's clear that he knows what he's talking about! True or not? In my view, he actually helped Viperess, not maliciously attacked her. I honestly think that she thought the 1/4 Mile time she was referring to was correct. I honestly think that she thought it was beyond possible but actually happened! Misinformation can be a bad thing. It's always better to be informed in my view. A couple of you guys (and I won't name names) actually alluded to the same type behavior that you CLAIMED 1Bad was guilty of. Now, if it's not right in your view for him, how can it be for you? Just my opinion...might not be a popular one but mine nonetheless.
embarass.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21