I just had the greatest idea for a vanity plate.....

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 vette and the 2000 gts acr, I was thinking having two plates one for hte vette that says "dr jekyl" and one for the viper that says "mr hyde"

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, the only way that would be cool is if both cars were on the road together. or parked next to eachother at a carshow.

forgetaboutit

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alot fo people around town know me by my cars, I got the only matte black vette in town among a yellow, red, and silver one and thsoe are c5's the c6's in town only go out to car shows and they are all stock meh. The viper is only 1 of 2 in town and the other viper is a silver gts.

it was either those or sry ofcr, hi oficr, got lope, nowucme

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always been on the fence about vanity plates. Nothin' like makin' a custom car more custom, but at the same time if I'm being a **** I don't want it to be easy for a soccer mom to memorize my plate when she's calling me in.

"Yes, I'd like to report a red sports car that flew by me and flipped off a school bus of nuns...plates said 'FUPIGZ'. I think he was drinking and was blindfolded too."

SR 27

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had a 2000 Vette the same time we had the Viper. The Vette plate was "VIPR B8" (VIPER BAIT). Always ********** Vette guys. It's was a Cali 911 plate so only six digits. Just got new plate for the RT. It's 5*VENOM. You can get plates here with a star as a digit.

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did you end up with those plates for sure?

haven't tried yet, buddies mom's friend works for the highway patrol and she is gonna search them to see whats available out of what I want. thing that ***** is in pa we don't have a searchable database you have to send a paper in with your top 3 if the first is taken they go to the next one.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always been on the fence about vanity plates. Nothin' like makin' a custom car more custom, but at the same time if I'm being a **** I don't want it to be easy for a soccer mom to memorize my plate when she's calling me in.

"Yes, I'd like to report a red sports car that flew by me and flipped off a school bus of nuns...plates said 'FUPIGZ'. I think he was drinking and was blindfolded too."

Dont forget...He was talking on his cell phone while driving blindfolded :rolaugh:

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they were taken jsut had it checked and so was got lope looks like its hi oficr or sry ofcr

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thing that ***** is in pa we don't have a searchable database you have to send a paper in with your top 3 if the first is taken they go to the next one.

It's the same here in Missouri. However, I discovered a quicker way to check to see if a plate is already taken. I went to the Missouri DOR website and sent them an email, suggesting that they add an online database where someone could instantly check to see if a plate was available. They said that if I'd just email them a list of any plates I was interested in I'd receive a reply on what wasn't already taken. It worked and was fairly fast.

Also, I've found that if the local license renewal office isn't too busy and you go in and ask politely they will usually look up a tag to see if it is still available.

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
penndot is weird really weird, I loved it when I lived in va

I was also thinking sofnslo

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...I'm moving from a civilized state (Illinois) to another civilized state (Washington)--you can check available plates online in both. And guess what? "FUPIGZ" is available! I'm gonna go for it!:rolaugh: