I Like the Interior!

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's easy to clean the interior after kicking up the dirt at the track then I'm happy.

Love my GTS, everything but the headliner was easy and quick to clean the dirt out of after a few 'unscheduled' excursions.

The ACR interior is even better, although I haven't had a cleaning episode after a 'spectacular off' yet like I've had in the GTS....knocking on wood profusely as I type!

I'd rather have a track monster than a high end interior at a given price point. Give me a rubbermade interior if I drop an extra 3 seconds a lap at Texas World Speedway! :burnout:

Nothing makes me happier than to hear a driver rip my interior in the paddock and then chew him up on the track. My opinion might be different if I was just driving on the street all the time.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that must be funny when people talk bad about your interior only to see you zoom by on the track LOL....

I tell everyone the interior does exactly what its suppossed to. let you see what really needs to be seen and wraps around you and supports you from slideing around.

In my friends C6Z06 I feel like I could literally fly from one side of the car to the other. The inside is HUGE in comparison and the seats seem like slip and slide plastic that kids slide on in the summer...

Now my other friends GTR...Thats a pretty sweet interior

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand the problem people have with the interior. My GTS is very basic but that is what I love about the car.

IMHO Aside from price, plastic is also for long term durability. Leather will crack and will be hard to maintain (also goes against the original reason of the Viper). Leather is a very "sophisticated" material to use especially if used only for aesthetics.

On the other hand, Carbon Fiber fades and discolors over time (especially under the sun). I really like CF materials on everything but the truth is, for a car that is truly a NO NONSENSE vehicle, the only point is for racing and comfort (so it sells). Putting CF on the interior is aesthetics unless the hood is the CF piece. I think the reason is the same as why the Viper does not have traction control.

If you want a nice interior, it usually belongs on other cars. I would not have my GTS any other way and not because I am stubborn. I am from the more sophisticated type of vehicle and I love Euro cars. I gravitated to the Viper because of it's extremist ways. It is also going to be a classic car so I believe (not entirely sure though) that the plastic interior should hold better than other materials.

One thing I would do though if I were Dodge is to provide options for people to decide how they want their car. I think providing these options will amass a larger following without sacrificing the "purist's" perspective. Allowing each Viper to be even more unique will have a stronger appeal by adding more options/customization while allowing the company to make more profit. Not everyone wants things the same and if I had the mone to buy multiple Vipers then I would have one as Spartan as I can for track and the whole nine yards for my street car etc. Too late for that now that the Viper is dead.

just my .02 cents

BTW- The ZR1 interior just looks appalling. For a car on the opposite side of the spectrum as the Viper where technology is the driving force, they could sure use a hand from Audi's interior. I honestly believe that Audi has the best looking interior by far. Detroit should seriously work with some european designers while still keeping the american flair as the Euros surely know how to design their car's interior.

Last edited:

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand the problem people have with the interior. My GTS is very basic but that is what I love about the car.

IMHO Aside from price, plastic is also for long term durability. Leather will crack and will be hard to maintain (also goes against the original reason of the Viper). Leather is a very "sophisticated" material to use especially if used only for aesthetics.

On the other hand, Carbon Fiber fades and discolors over time (especially under the sun). I really like CF materials on everything but the truth is, for a car that is truly a NO NONSENSE vehicle, the only point is for racing and comfort (so it sells). Putting CF on the interior is aesthetics unless the hood is the CF piece. I think the reason is the same as why the Viper does not have traction control.

If you want a nice interior, it usually belongs on other cars. I would not have my GTS any other way and not because I am stubborn. I am from the more sophisticated type of vehicle and I love Euro cars. I gravitated to the Viper because of it's extremist ways. It is also going to be a classic car so I believe (not entirely sure though) that the plastic interior should hold better than other materials.

One thing I would do though if I were Dodge is to provide options for people to decide how they want their car. I think providing these options will amass a larger following without sacrificing the "purist's" perspective. Allowing each Viper to be even more unique will have a stronger appeal by adding more options/customization while allowing the company to make more profit. Not everyone wants things the same and if I had the mone to buy multiple Vipers then I would have one as Spartan as I can for track and the whole nine yards for my street car etc. Too late for that now that the Viper is dead.

just my .02 cents

BTW- The ZR1 interior just looks appalling. For a car on the opposite side of the spectrum as the Viper where technology is the driving force, they could sure use a hand from Audi's interior. I honestly believe that Audi has the best looking interior by far. Detroit should seriously work with some european designers while still keeping the american flair as the Euros surely know how to design their car's interior.

I am about to transition from a 2008 BMW M6 with full leather interior to a 2010 1:33 Edition Viper. The M6 has a nice interior, but somewhat "plain" looking. Lots of gizmos and gadgets. The Viper is very utilitarian in nature. That is not a bad thing. It is closer to a race car interior. The headliner in the BMW is nice, though. Looking forward to getting into a more "pure" sports car and away from the more frilly cockpit. I think you lose some connection with the driving experience when there are too many distractions in the way.

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am about to transition from a 2008 BMW M6 with full leather interior to a 2010 1:33 Edition Viper. The M6 has a nice interior, but somewhat "plain" looking. Lots of gizmos and gadgets. The Viper is very utilitarian in nature. That is not a bad thing. It is closer to a race car interior. The headliner in the BMW is nice, though. Looking forward to getting into a more "pure" sports car and away from the more frilly cockpit. I think you lose some connection with the driving experience when there are too many distractions in the way.

That's funny! When I purchased my car, the dealer told me that the previous owner traded it in for a brand new M6. As far as losing connections in the driving feel, I could not agree with you more. The Viper just sounds and feels like a true race car and that it is. I rarely open it up living where I do but yesterday on the carpool lane (carpool lane goes over traffic and is two lanes empty) I decided to gun it and this car just screamed like a banshee. I have never heard anything like that before. The whole Belanger system I guess was to blame but wow, what a sound.

I think that is the difference between the M6 and the Viper. The Viper is a race car and the M6 is a sports car. If you were to turn the M6 into a race car it usually gets gutted.

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's funny! When I purchased my car, the dealer told me that the previous owner traded it in for a brand new M6. As far as losing connections in the driving feel, I could not agree with you more. The Viper just sounds and feels like a true race car and that it is. I rarely open it up living where I do but yesterday on the carpool lane (carpool lane goes over traffic and is two lanes empty) I decided to gun it and this car just screamed like a banshee. I have never heard anything like that before. The whole Belanger system I guess was to blame but wow, what a sound.

I think that is the difference between the M6 and the Viper. The Viper is a race car and the M6 is a sports car. If you were to turn the M6 into a race car it usually gets gutted.

Well, I tried to turn the M6 more into a race car. It had a different engine, air intake, throttle bodies as well as exhaust. It was about 620 bhp at the crank and 480 lbft of torque. But the M6 is ~500 lbs heavier than the Viper. Two totally different cars and that is what I am after right now.....something different and more "pure".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire