If you are a VCA Member...

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like fun but if it cannot be guaranteed that it won't rain between St. Louis and Detroit that weekend I won't be driving up there. My car never, ever gets driven in the rain and apparently a Viper is required to be a part of this.

Parisianviper, I'll be there in a few more weeks (Aug 11-26). Save me a spot.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can we pay the application fee from Europe?
Just sent you a Private Message to get you all set up. Happy to have you aboard!

I am a member and have been Since 04 #17459, but it says I don't have access???
You do now! Sorry about that, but the online system is not set up to automatically update your membership status on the forums - it takes some actual eyeballs to do it. :2tu:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car never, ever gets driven in the rain and apparently a Viper is required to be a part of this.

Is your car made of sugar or something?

And - it's reasonable to want to have VIPERS at a VIPER event for a VIPER corral - we wouldn't want those Corvette guys to think we were wussies, would we?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Janni.....vipers are to be driven....I have been in most weather conditions with my 2003 including being snowed in in Telluride for a day on my way to VIO8....I was in a torrental down pour in Nebraska with my 2001 car and even in rain with my 1994 viper(although the soft top leaked). If you look at the Western Canadian posts, I am driving over 1800 miles one way to get to Calgary and up to Banff in two weeks on a trip organized by the Western Canadian VCA. With this trip, I EXPECT to see varying weather conditions and will put 6000 miles on the car. For your information new viper wiper blades are $125:smirk:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Janni.....vipers are to be driven....I have been in most weather conditions with my 2003 including being snowed in in Telluride for a day on my way to VIO8....

IMHO, Vipers are too beautiful to get dirty from the rain. The previous owner of mine said it never touched a drop of rain and he only washed it one time in all the years he owned it because it never got dirty.

I've pedaled my bike recently in a severe rain/lightning/hail/wind storm as I was riding across Oklahoma. I'd do that again in a minute before letting my Viper get dirty.