If you're within 100 miles of Chicago, call Fields Dodge (Tom Burek)!

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you\'re within 100 miles of Chicago, call Fields Dodge (Tom Burek)!

I just want to say thanks and give a pat on the back to Tom (The Service Manager) and Mike (The Viper Tech) and the rest of the crew at Fields Dodge in Glenview, IL. These guys are just awesome, I've been taking my car to him now for almost a year. What a pleasure it is and has been to deal with a service manager that really knows vipers. It took me 4 months, 5 different dealers and alot of miles to find a Viper friendly dealer (Thanks Tooofst). I don't mean to sound like a cheerleader here, but I want to give credit where credit is due. We are all rather obsessive about our cars and to have someone like this really makes the whole Viper experience much more enjoyable. I've read a lot of horror stories about service and dealer experiences gone bad. Yesterday, I picked up my car after having the tranny swapped and Tom went on to tell me that he also replced my U-joint because it looked rough and then went a step further and said my exhaust was rattling behind the side-sill (loose clamp). I said yeah I know, I bought new clamps but haven't put them on yet. So he says bring them with you when you come to pick it up, he actually did it himself right in front of me. What a class act! Oh, and I forgot to mention he also attends the local VCA meetings. How's that for Service and support! The above is just the latest incident, he has actually saved my butt quite a few times now. Well, I don't know how else to reward someone who won't accept a tip, so I'll post this for all to read.

It's a real rarity to find service like this, Great job Tom. :2tu:

P.S. - Their number is 847-657-0100 ask for Tom in Service.

~Matt~

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: If you\'re within 100 miles of Chicago, call Fields Dodge (Tom Burek)!

I know what you mean. I think the words service and professionalism went out the door years ago in favor of more money and less work. I took my Viper to a dealer here in Madison 1 time and have never went back. I won't go into it. That is when I found Collectors Choice(aka snake oyl products) Cory is such a class act. He is the ONLY one that will ever see work on my car. It is refreshing to know that there are people out there who do care and not out to screw us just because we own Vipers.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey matt, glad to see you were taken care of. Tom is a great guy and a great friend, he knows his stuff and will take care of you all the way. It's the only place I will take my car. Keep up the good work Tommy!

Isaac

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip matt.
Hey, I'm in your back yard too!!!

Dan.

OP
OP
C

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kaval,

Wow, your close what color is your car (I've seen a black GTS a couple times, mine is silver)? You should go to "Cars under the stars" in downtown Elmhurst on wednesdays out of 1000 cars I'm the only Viper that's ever there.

~Matt~

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Matt, I would have to agree with you 110%, Tom Burek is simply the best at taking care of Vipers in a manner to which Viper owners would not mind becoming accustomed. He has helped me out numerous times and is definitely THE MAN! :headbang: :2tu:

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Matt,

I have an 04 srt black.

I'm not familiar with " cars under stars"

send an e-mail W/ location & times.. maybe we can represent.

Dan

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What they all said!

Thanks Tom....we're all enjoying this great weekend thanks to your efforts.

I'm off to vaporize more dinosaur juice!

OP
OP
C

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kaval, You have a PM.

Paolo, Unleash the Beast!!! :headbang:

~Matt~

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad its all been good Bob.I'm on the spot rec. my buddy Tom at his new dealer,cause i'm a son of a gun if things go wrong.Sometimes they do,but Tom's there to quickly recover and make a + out of every -.You'd think he owns the dealership,not.He just loves his job.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This thread has been bookmarked for future reference! Thanks for the positive notes!

Jay K.

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MATT, PAOLO, SCOTT, ISAAC, BOB, THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAISE, BUT I'VE GOT TO GIVE YOU GUYS A GOOD DEAL OF THE CREDIT. YOU GUYS TAKE SUACH GREAT CARE OF YOUR CARS, DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE BEFORE SOMETHING SELF-DESTRUCTS AND GIVE ME THE TIME WE NEED TO GET THINGS DONE RIGHT. YOU GUYS ARE MORE PATIENT THAN MOST OF OUR OTHER CUSTOMERS AND MAKE TAKING CARE OF YOU A PLEASURE. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT AND I HOPE I CAN CONTINUE TO EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

OP
OP
C

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks again Tom, the tranny feels great. It runs alot smoother and of course that annoying ticking is gone.

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, I would agree, Tom at Fields Dodge is a great guy. I have known him every since I have owned my first Viper, he is a great Viper Tech... There isn't anything he won't do for the Viper community... There are very few guys like him out there, anyone who owns a Viper in the Chicago area should use him for service, I can't think of a more trusted individual that I would leave my Viper with....It's too bad there aren't more people like.....

Thanks Tom !!!!!

Butch
SMS Racing

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tom,

Sent you a PM. Let me know,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960